Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restraining order?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I live in VA. My son is 8 and is serverly allergic to dogs. He is not to even be around hypoallergenc dogs.  My soon to be ex mil, puts him around her dog every time he is with his dad.  She has basically told me that her dog is more important than my sons life. 

Do you ladies know if I can have anything done, such as a restraining order or anything, against her? She literally puts my sons life at risk.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I think your ex can allow her to see your son if he wants and if it a danger to your son, the only way to prevent him from going to her house is to have it written into your order. I highly doubt you can get a restraining order over this, unfortunately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

She is actually bringing it to his dads house, knowing it is there. I have documentation of telling her that he is not to be around dogs, and I have even sent her a letter from his doctor stating this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think your ex can allow her to see your son if he wants and if it a danger to your son, the only way to prevent him from going to her house is to have it written into your order. I highly doubt you can get a restraining order over this, unfortunately.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try having your attorney send a cease and desist letter telling her if she doesn't know it off you'll pursue legal action? You can actually do this yourself, as well, just send it certified. There are templates online.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is actually bringing it to his dads house, knowing it is there. I have documentation of telling her that he is not to be around dogs, and I have even sent her a letter from his doctor stating this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Is the allergy life threatening? I've never heard pet allergies being that severe. Asking for info. Not to be mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

His allergist has told me that yes it is life threatening.  It effects his breathing really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is the allergy life threatening? I've never heard pet allergies being that severe. Asking for info. Not to be mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe try having your attorney send a cease and desist letter telling her if she doesn't know it off you'll pursue legal action? You can actually do this yourself, as well, just send it certified. There are templates online.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Has he had to see a dr or go to the er after the or during the visits?

Quoting Anonymous:

His allergist has told me that yes it is life threatening.  It effects his breathing really bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

With the times that it has happened, he has not been to the ER. But he has had allergic reactions and had to take benadryl. His doctor has told me herself that all it takes is one severe reaction to dogs and it could be fatal

Quoting Anonymous:

Has he had to see a dr or go to the er after the or during the visits?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Ummm wow I have never seen anyone deathly allergic to dogs........... Not saying he is not but wow how crazy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)