Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Since everyone always asks... (Pic heavy!!!)

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 197 Replies
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My husband & I have a 15 year age difference which I get questioned about a lot on here so I thought I would make a post with a few pics & a little info. I always think it's a little funny because I see so many people with a much larger age difference but of course, it's normally the man that's older. I am lazy & mobile so I am going to copy & paste some background info from a reply I just made & anyone can ask me anything else they want. We were 24 & 39 when we got together at the end of '09. We got married on one year anniversary at the end of 2010. Our 3rd anniversary will be December 4th. We met in our local bar (another no no lol) playing pool. Just friends. After a while he asked me to dinner, I almost didn't go because of the age but he came & picked me up & opened the door like the true Texas gentleman that he is & I figured if nothing else it would be a good night & it was. We have a ton in common. I tried for months not to fall for him & then I threw my back out & he took the rest of the week off work & took care of me. So sweet. I had been divorced 6 years & I really had intended to stay single but it just didn't end up that way. I had always dated my age or older & all I found was losers & guys with kids & drama with exes. I had my kids young & I just wasn't up for all that with mine being grown & gone & life being so simple, ya know? Here, I found what I was looking for & I just couldn't walk away because of the age. He has no kids, no ex-wives, no drama & has been at the same state job for 8 years now.
As far as my kids, my boys are 24 & 25 & my daughter is 28 & they really do love him. We also have 5 grands that are 10, 7, 5, 3 & 2. The age didn't bother them at all even from the beginning although they probably thought it would just be a fling I guess. A lot of times they call him dad to mess with him. One even got one of those shirts that you do the little handprints for Father's Day & put his big ass handprints on it. (pic on page 10 in replies) Lol
I was worried when I first met his family because I could definitely understand if they had a problem with it & I'm sure they did a little before they met me but they welcomed me with open arms & are wonderful to me which is awesome after being married for ten years & having in laws that hated me for no apparent reason.
All in all, we have a great marriage & pretty happy life.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Us at Kid Rock a few months ago. Life is good!
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Being goofy with a BFF
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm sure I'm biased but damn!!!!!
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

He reminds me of Chris Martin of Coldplay. I am glad you both are happy. Good for you.

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome. Here's a bump

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you're happy.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it works for you :)
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yes, I already said I'm lazy so it's in the frame!
KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

So glad you are guys are happy!  I love a happy ending :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
4 moms liked this

Do you have money ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)