Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School "fundraisers"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I officially lost count how many we have received this year. We've only been in school since August 16th and I'm already sick of getting these damn things. They try to "bribe" the kids with "prizes" that are worth far, far less than the actual amount they need to raise. Like for instance if you raise $500 on one "fundraiser" your prize is a camera, binoculars, and one other thing. And they look like they're straight out of the container from the china dollar store.

Needless to say I'll be writing a note stating to not send home any more fundraisers.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

We've only had one big fundraiser but I get nickel and dimed each week with the junk food they peddle. Every Wednesday a big ass bag of popcorn for a buck, on Thursdays a bag of hot cheetos, then this week we get a bonus of mini doughnuts. I want my daughter to feel included but that's just too much crap.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I love our small school and the lack of candy :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Well, duh. Of course the prizes are going to be far less than the money raised or it wouldn't be a fundraiser. There would be no funds left for the school. Lol
scoutfamilyof7
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

The only fundraisers we do are those related to my girls and band. Because every penny they earn goes into their persona accounts for the band trip.

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM

The only one I try to sell are coupon books.  Not the Entertainment ones.  Nobody wants those anymore.  We got a new one this year that is much better (and $5 cheaper).  Hubby took it to work, we ordered one, my cousin and mom ordered one and she sold 16 of them.  PLUS, you get a free book for every 5 you sell, so we got 3 free books.  

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

And only 10 cents on each dollar goes to the classroom, or something ridiculous like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
We only do Scrip, Market Day, book orders, school pictures (didn't know those were a fundraiser, did ya?) and the raffle tickets for my girls cheerleading squad.

Basically nothing we wouldn't use anyway. And since my DH works for a major school picture company, we get a discount while our school still gets money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)