Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Teacher problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I am a full time student in college. I took a few years off after high school and now recognize the importance and necessity of a quality education, so I'm a very serious student. So far, I've done exceptionally well and hope to manage my high GPA so I can get scholarships to a 4 year university.

My problem is that I have a difficult online course this semester. I have no problem taking on a difficult class, I actually enjoy a challenge. However, I don't feel like the teacher is setting us up for success. In fact, I feel like she wants to prove how much more intelligent she is than us, and doesn't want us to do well in the class. I do the reading, I take great notes, I do every study guide for tests, and still struggle to get low A's on the tests. In fact, I spent 6 hours finishing one of the study guides and the questions on the test had very little to do with the study guide. It helped with maybe 10 out of 50 questions. So far, every test I've taken has had multiple questions that weren't even in the text! The teacher is very difficult to get ahold of. I have e-mailed several times, I have called and left her messages, and I have been to her office multiple times trying to get answers and fix problems. It is getting ridiculous. Like I said, I have no problem taking on a challenge, but it's ridiculous to be tested on material that wasn't available, and with it being an online class I think she should make herself much more available to the students.

I have absolutely no social life as it is. I take care of my son, go to school, study, work, and try to find time to sleep (which doesn't always happen). Being successful in this class is an absolute must and Iam beyond frustrated with the run around this teacher is giving me. So my question to you ladies is, how would you handle the situation? Would you continue to be polite and visit her during office hours if she doesn't get back to you? Would you confront her about the way she is handling the class? Would you try to go over her head and talk to a superior? I don't want to make her angry and have it come back and bite me in the butt, but I feel like she is being so unprofessional. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)