Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obamacare and PA ***Edit***

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm in another group and we were talking about insurance. A lady replied all excited because they just enrolled in Obamacare and qualified for subsidies so they now have insurance. Isn't this PA? The government (taxpayers) are paying for her health insurance.

I would like to point out that I havent actually stated my opinion about PA, people that use it, or Obama Care. I'm just curious how people view it. If the government, tax payers, are paying a portion of someone's health care insurance premium, how is that not PA especially considering the subsidies are income based. One is receiving government assistance to cover their insurance costs, are they not? How would that be any different than a person who works long hours and receives food stamps? Or Section 8? Or medicaid?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Why does it matter?
An0nym0use
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Yes, what's your point?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM

It is.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
No. She qualifies for subsidies due to the fact that her income is under a certain amount. My family of 4 qualifies for subsidies from obamacare because we bring in less that $92,000
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Yes its just yet another thing hard working people are forced to psy for.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
The point is what?
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
People are all about jumping all over people who use PA but no one seems to have a problem with Obamacare subsidies. Seems like its the same thing to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No. She qualifies for subsidies due to the fact that her income is under a certain amount. My family of 4 qualifies for subsidies from obamacare because we bring in less that $92,000

What kind of subsidies?
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM
You do realize that it's those very hard working people who will benefit from it right? It's not for people who don't work or have an income. Subsidies have a very high qualifying dollar amount.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes its just yet another thing hard working people are forced to psy for.
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
But that's exactly why it IS a from of PA. Its income based just like food stamps or Section 8 or any other form of PA. Could the same argument about "if you can't afford to pay for your own family then keep your legs closed" or "give your kids to someone who can afford to pay for them" apply in this case?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)