Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TWEENS TIARAS DRAMA ........HEEEEEEEEEELP

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
Now that the title has your attention... Serious problems here...between my 12 year old daughter (who is 5'8" tall & 135lbs) and my petite sweet 7 year old daughter. They USED to play so well together...all of a sudden...like overnight, BAM! My 12 year old is cranky, yelling, wanting her little sister OUT OF HER WAY. I'm pretty in control up until this point...right at the moment I'm in SHOCK at the change in her. There's 2 things that I KNOW could be the cause... 1) She started her period 2 months ago 2) She started 6th grade where apparently it's an entire NEW ballgame of DRAMA with the drama-sassy-mouth girls. I NEED a little feedback and support on HOW I should be handling this. DO I MAKE my 12 year old DD play with my 7 year old DD? It's especially BAD if 12 year old DD has a FRIEND over....she really is mean to the 7 year old DD. I've talked, grounded, put her in corner....taken phone away...but it's like she "shorts-out" and can't help herself! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) Thanks in advance... C
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhLaBree
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I can only offer hugs on this one! My DD is 8, and started running around with some older girls. All was fine and dandy, at first, but once school started back up I became very aware of the age difference. My DD suddenly started acting more grown than she already acts. Needless to say, she's not allowed to hang around the older girls all that much anymore.

Maybe you should help your daughter find new friends in her own age level to have over when big sis has company?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh the joys of tweens :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, yuck. Teen/pre teen girls are awful. I have two dd's. One is 14 the other is 11, they butt heads like there is no tomorrow. They use to be inseperable, not I have to seperate them to get some peace. I would like to tell you it gets better, but as of now I don't know. But I normally let them go, unless it get too bad or starts to get physical.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

If you are forcing her to play with her little sister that could be one of the reasons for tension and problems. Let her have space, talk to her about how she doesn't have to be with her sister or play with her all the time. But she does have to be nice and treat her with some respect. 

sweetjosey
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Thank you for the "hug" - I need it. *sigh*

From reading your reply I need to say that now that my 12 yr DD & her friends are certainly having an influence on my sweet little 7 yr DD.

She's starting to try and mimic their behavior....it's got me stressed out! 

This is my first "TWEEN" experience....I suppose I need to go to the bookstore and stock up on HOW TO RAISE TWEENS! I'm scared...lol

sweetjosey
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM

YUCK is right...I feel like locking myself in my room sometimes to make sure I'm still sane. How long you say this will last? ha ha....I'm not sure I will make it! 

What's the BEST thing you've used to stop the temper, smart-mouth, miss KNOW-IT-ALL attitude???

xo

C

sweetjosey
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I do not believe I'm replying to these post correctly....to the right person...I NEED a pointer on that too, please.

I have not forced 12 yr old DD to play with younger one, but I have told her to chill out and treat her with respect and that she being the older sister...well, she's going to be "looked up" to by her little sister....is this the example she wants to set? Is this how she wants HER to act? I also explained she has a little heart and feelings just like we all do...

My secret weapon is KARMA - might not be right, but it does seem to work a little. I TELL HER...what goes around, comes around. 

IF YOU TREAT YOUR YOUNGER SISTER LIKE THAT....WELL, GUESS WHAT? THERE'S GOING TO BE A GIRL AT SCHOOL OLDER THAN YOU THAT TREATS YOU THAT WAY! Full Circle Baby....that is my real opinion though....

xo

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

you cant force her. she is 12 years old and is outgrowing that phase. Let them nagivate this new phase in life

thetrollcat
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome meow to the TWEEN years. Your daughter is no longer that innocent sweet little girl... Good luck, you are going to need it!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

ask her what the problem is

hormones going out of balance and starting middle school is some big steps. talk to her like an adult and see how that goes

Quoting sweetjosey:

I do not believe I'm replying to these post correctly....to the right person...I NEED a pointer on that too, please.

I have not forced 12 yr old DD to play with younger one, but I have told her to chill out and treat her with respect and that she being the older sister...well, she's going to be "looked up" to by her little sister....is this the example she wants to set? Is this how she wants HER to act? I also explained she has a little heart and feelings just like we all do...

My secret weapon is KARMA - might not be right, but it does seem to work a little. I TELL HER...what goes around, comes around. 

IF YOU TREAT YOUR YOUNGER SISTER LIKE THAT....WELL, GUESS WHAT? THERE'S GOING TO BE A GIRL AT SCHOOL OLDER THAN YOU THAT TREATS YOU THAT WAY! Full Circle Baby....that is my real opinion though....

xo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)