Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At the age of 34, I decided to quit drinking alcohol for good

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this
I have been sober for 2 years now. I did this because I saw myself becoming like my mom & my gramma. I did not want to be a functional alcoholic like them. Sometimes I do miss it but it's definitely worth being sober. I am turning 36 in Nov & I have been told a lot that I look like I'm in my mid 20s=)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
You are 34 going on 36?
Anouck
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Good for you! I was married to an alcoholic for 8 years, and his refusal to get sober is a large part of the reason I ended up divorcing him. It's not worth it.

I've never been a big drinker, and after I got pregnant, I just never started up again. I don't miss it, so I can't say I understand what you're going through, but I applaud you regardless :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you read the whole thing? I said I've been sober for 2 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are 34 going on 36?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Thank you =) I have my 2 teens & I didn't want them to do what I did when I was growing up. I started drinking at 14 .... My mom's vodka.

Quoting Anouck:

Good for you! I was married to an alcoholic for 8 years, and his refusal to get sober is a large part of the reason I ended up divorcing him. It's not worth it.

I've never been a big drinker, and after I got pregnant, I just never started up again. I don't miss it, so I can't say I understand what you're going through, but I applaud you regardless :)

shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM
wow! how much were u drinking? good for u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I was drinking on my days off. It got worse when my brother died . I had about 7 blackouts due to heavy drinking .... all within 2 years.

Quoting shajdinyak:

wow! how much were u drinking? good for u!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
A bottle lasts me 2 days. Sometimes 1. I drink everynight. I am 24. I hope to get sober soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Good for you. :) I've had one drink in a year and a half. I miss it but it just doesn't agree with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
A wine bottle.. I could down that in one night. Vodka was sometimes 1 or 2 nights. It helped having my boyfriend go sober with me. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for him. I have a lot of horrible stories due to my drinking. Try to find a motivation to help you get sober. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:A bottle lasts me 2 days. Sometimes 1. I drink everynight. I am 24. I hope to get sober soon.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
So proud of you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)