Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu nasal spray?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Has any of you got your child the nasal spray for the flu? Did they have symptoms afterword's??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

My daughters got theirs. No symptoms at all.

Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
My son gets it ever year. No symptoms or problems.
zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

No symptoms, that's what the schools give the kids.

noturavemom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

my 5 year old got the spray last week, she usually gets the shot, she had no side effects with either the shot or spray

moogsmom03
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM

The nasal spray is good for kids (or anyone) that has had no previous history of respiratory issues, including wheezing, asthma, etc. My DD (now 9) got the H1N1 nasal spray back in 2009 and ended up getting very, very sick from it. Ended up being because she had a history of wheezing and we had gone to a clinic to get the vaccines and they didn't have her medical history. So, it's great in most cases but not for everyone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Oh no! Im sorry she got sick! My son should be good then, because he has no signs of having asthma or any sort of breathing problem.
Quoting moogsmom03:

The nasal spray is good for kids (or anyone) that has had no previous history of respiratory issues, including wheezing, asthma, etc. My DD (now 9) got the H1N1 nasal spray back in 2009 and ended up getting very, very sick from it. Ended up being because she had a history of wheezing and we had gone to a clinic to get the vaccines and they didn't have her medical history. So, it's great in most cases but not for everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)