Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY IS IT? (welfare related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

why is it ,in every single post about welfare, welfare recipients are described as fat pigs who sit on their fat asses all day,doing absolutely nothing, contributing absolutely nothing, even though you must be raising minor children to collect welfare.

on the other hand,in every single post about SAHM NOT on welfare, they are described as doing the HARDEST JOB ON EARTH?

PLEASE don't answer by saying the SAHM on welfare doesn't have the right to be a SAHM if she has to be on welfare, because 1. in most cases i agree and 2. THIS ISNT answering the question!

How can two people doing the exact same job, ie staying home raising an infant or toddler or more than one combo of infant,toddlers and one be sitting on her ass and the other be busting her ass?

and no i have never been on welfare and i have never been a SAHM either, ive always worked but i would just like this question answered with a REAL answer other than one has the right and the other doesn't

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhLaBree
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
8 moms liked this

Fair question. I think it's mostly because many women hate other women...no matter what their job or income level is.

Krysta784
by Dani on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Jealousy. It all boils down to jealousy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM

in fact the argument could be made that the single SAHM on welfare works harder than the SAHM who is married not on welfare, because at some point the married moms husband comes home and helps with the kids in some way, whereas the single mom never gets ANY break from the kids AND shes more than likely working with much less money to live on

kzuehlk
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Only because people get bitter when they know someone gets to stay home with their kids and the government will support them. It's the same job all around, people just like to complain and PA is fun to bitch about
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this

the issue isnt fat or lazy, the issue is there is only so much money to support people that have little motivation, drive, and desire to improve their life styles.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
What? You're joking, right? I've never seen a sahm described as (or agreed to!) being the hardest job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I never see posts about how hard a sahm's job is. Usually people post asking what the hell we do all day and calling us lazy for having the audacity to live off our husbands :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

i have been on CM 6 years, i have seen it often        What? You're joking, right? I've never seen a sahm described as (or agreed to!) being the hardest job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Being a sahm isnt all that hard.....just sayin'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

not really answering the question, but thanks for your input  

Quoting thetrollcat:

the issue isnt fat or lazy, the issue is there is only so much money to support people that have little motivation, drive, and desire to improve their life styles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)