Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrr.. WHYY...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

is like every group that came up when I searched for groups around me (I'm in Washington state) that nearly every single one of them are dead? A few had a few posts as recent as the beginning ish of this year, most others haven't had posts/replies in over a year, some even longer, and some were made and don't even have posts in them lol. grr. Trying to find more people around my area. would love to meet new people, actually make some friends around here. I have only lived in Washington a few months, lived in Yelm for just about 2 months (stayed with family in kirkland for a couple months until we got a place down here).

Anyone else live around here? lol. I'm a SAHM so I don't get out too much right now. 

So, That's my complaint for the day: can't find any groups around here that are active. 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

meetup.com is way better for finding moms in your area, all the local groups on CM are dead, for the most part...

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Try meetup.com
Katkinson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I'd post on them anyway, someone may be checking! You could stir up some activity!

Muffins89
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

there are only a few groups on there for yelm as well. saw someone in another post mention that a few days ago so i tried it lol. And I've noticed that. for around here anyway. New york moms was pretty active but I don't live there anymore. ha

Quoting the_dude:

meetup.com is way better for finding moms in your area, all the local groups on CM are dead, for the most part...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I live in Yelm! Try finding a fb page for your area.
Muffins89
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

i did on one or two like a month or so ago, those haven't been replied to. I didn't on any of the ones I saw today though, but thought about it lol. Maybe I will and see what happens. Seen a few people say they are from Washington post in this group though so i KNOW there are active members somewhat around that are on here LOL. 

Quoting Katkinson:

I'd post on them anyway, someone may be checking! You could stir up some activity!

the_dude
by abides on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

yeah its hard not to be active in Manhattan. or upstate NY lol. my town has 800 people. yeah... meetup.com has a couple, that duder belongs to, but they're all in the closet large city about half hour away, but its worth it. the mom groups on meetup around here are some of the most active i have come across. 

Quoting Muffins89:

there are only a few groups on there for yelm as well. saw someone in another post mention that a few days ago so i tried it lol. And I've noticed that. for around here anyway. New york moms was pretty active but I don't live there anymore. ha

Quoting the_dude:

Muffins89
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

ooh where? and i did, not much comes up. unless im not searching the right words haha. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I'm in a sub division near ft. Stevens elementary. Have you tried the kid activities? Like putting them in gymnastics or another sport?

Quoting Muffins89:

ooh where? and i did, not much comes up. unless im not searching the right words haha. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Muffins89
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

lol well  i was nowhere near manhattan lol i was way upstate. I'll look again for the surrounding cities on there, I don't remember what came up. I know I joined one or two, just don't remember for where lol. wasn't much going on. so far. 

Quoting the_dude:

yeah its hard not to be active in manhattan. lol. my town has 800 people. yeah... meetup.com has a couple, that duder belongs to, but they're all in the closet large city about half hour away, but its worth it. the mom groups on meetup around here are some of the most active i have come across. 

Quoting Muffins89:

Quoting the_dude:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)