Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He does not want to get married.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I met my SO six years ago. I receive food stamps and SSI I'm only 25. I receive SSI because I suffer from schizophrenia since about 16. I met my SO and we had 2 kids. I don't feel like I am disabled and I want to work but he will not marry me because I will loose my SSI and food stamps. My heart is broken that he would choose these things over our love. I will not mention marriage ever again. Sorry for the typos I'm on a cell phone. Thanks for reading.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
8 moms liked this
He sounds like a bitch. You need some one to bring you UP not keep you the same. A good partner wants better for the one they love..
tattooedmama333
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

So this!

Quoting TheDrsRose:

He sounds like a bitch. You need some one to bring you UP not keep you the same. A good partner wants better for the one they love..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

If you are legal, you have to report his income if he lives in your house, marriage or not.

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

What kind of job does he have?

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
That's a really stupid reason
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Then do you actually receive SSDI? If so you will not lose your disabilty benefits because you marry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

cut your losses and move on.... a dependent economical leech isnt anyone's ideal life mate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
He's a manager. He's makes $75,000 but will not marry me because he does not want to pay for groceries ( I receive $488 in food stamps and a measly $700 in SSI)

Quoting Bonnie_:

What kind of job does he have?

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

So what would he do if you managed to get better to the point that you no longer qualify for those services?  Something to think about, yes?  You deserve better than someone who sees you as $$.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Yes I do receive SSDI but he has a decent income so it would be cut off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then do you actually receive SSDI? If so you will not lose your disabilty benefits because you marry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)