Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG I cant believe my step son did this........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

So my SS is in 7th grade now and they have tons of fundraisers going on sell this and sell that. Well my step son the last couple of days has been hitting the neighborhood getting people to order stuff for this current fundraiser.

Well my DH has been hadeling all this with him. Telling him to hit such and such place because its people he knows or works with that live in the neighborhood. Well This morning SS says to me that he was going to take his order form to school and get the teachers to buy stuff. I had advised him its probably not a good idea because its not likely the teachers are going to buy anything. He wanted to argue about so I just gave in and said whatever.

Well just a little bit ago SS says I gave my order form to one of my friends so that one of her friends can order something. I said to him, that was really not a good idea because what happens if she looses the form and yada yada. My DH yells "What happened" So I told him what SS said and my DH was pretty upset , because come to find out my SS had about  $200.00 in orders and had the cash with the form . So he gave the Friend at school all the money from the orders and the form.

SO now I dont know what to do other than call the school in the AM to see if they can Hopefully track this girl down and get this stuff back. I pray that these people are honest and will return everything with the girl tomorrow, or that the girl herself did'nt just walk off with $200.00 in fundraiser money.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Hopefully he learns his lesson.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Oh that's tough!   I'm so sorry!   Was he able to tell you who exactly he gave the form to?   If he's a friend of hers, then he should have her last name and hopefully her phone number or a way to get her number (with all the cell phones kids have these days?)

If he can't give you the right info, I hope he's not lying to you and stole it himself or spent it.   

JenGo
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Oh man. I remember kids I went to school with having problems with their parents spending their fundraiser money.

I hope you get everything sorted out. Sounds like a tough spot to be in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM

He gave the girls name , but I couldnt get anything else out of him.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Oh that's tough!   I'm so sorry!   Was he able to tell you who exactly he gave the form to?   If he's a friend of hers, then he should have her last name and hopefully her phone number or a way to get her number (with all the cell phones kids have these days?)

If he can't give you the right info, I hope he's not lying to you and stole it himself or spent it.   

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Oh!!!! Oo I hope you get it all back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Your 7th grader sounds pretty stupid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Well that was not a smart move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I called the school this morning and thankfully they got it all back to my step son. The school didnt even seem concerned about it.  I guess I kinda freaked out a bit. If anything would have happened to that money I dont know what would have happened because it is not ours and everyone in the neighborhood is expecting to have something in return for what they have paid already. Not to mention it was around $200.00 worth of orders , we cant afford to come out of pocket to pay that back. This is why we dont let him do this kinda thing he is just too irresponsible for it. His band teacher seems to make it a mandatory thing that all the kids participate in these fundraisers I think that is wrong.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I am happy to hear you got all the money back when the envelope was returned, I agree, fundraisers shouldn't be forced on anyone or their families. And IMHO, you had every right to freak out LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I called the school this morning and thankfully they got it all back to my step son. The school didnt even seem concerned about it.  I guess I kinda freaked out a bit. If anything would have happened to that money I dont know what would have happened because it is not ours and everyone in the neighborhood is expecting to have something in return for what they have paid already. Not to mention it was around $200.00 worth of orders , we cant afford to come out of pocket to pay that back. This is why we dont let him do this kinda thing he is just too irresponsible for it. His band teacher seems to make it a mandatory thing that all the kids participate in these fundraisers I think that is wrong.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN