Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training...help what should I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Dd and Ds turned 3 last saturday. I wanted to start when they turned 2 but they were scared and weren't ready. So now I'm working with them. Dd does great! We started yesterday and she has only had two accidents. Ds on the other hand just refuses to go. I will make him sit and he won't go, but once he's up and pulls up his underwear he pees!!!!

They love their underwear so I tried telling DS if he pees in them then he can't wear his super hero underwear, he will have to wear the plain ones. Dd gets candy every time she goes, he gets mad when he doesn't get any. Once again I tell him he can't have any until he goes in the potty. That doesn't work, only makes him mad. My mother told me to pop him every time he pees his underwear, but I think that might be a little extreme.

I don't know what to do with him. I'm not sure if he's ready or not. He's excited about it, but just doesn't use it. What can I do? Did you have a hard time training?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM

For sure don't spank him thats bad.  Be persistent.  Keep taking him.  Eventually he will do it.

liltampa71
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Take heart.  Boys often take a little longer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I hope so, he holds it as long as he can and waits til nap time or bed time and pees in the diaper or pull up. Or just pees the underwear.

Quoting Anonymous:

For sure don't spank him thats bad.  Be persistent.  Keep taking him.  Eventually he will do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I've heard, lol but I thought once he seen his sister doing it he would start. He's always followed her lead. I'm trying so hard not to get upset.

Quoting liltampa71:

MrsMoretz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
He's 3!!!!! He understands what he's doing!!! But advice, he's a boy take him outside and let him pee on "bugs" my lo was completely potty trained once we let him stand peeing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I've tried letting him stand and go, and nothing. The same thing happens, he pulls his underwear up and pees.

Quoting MrsMoretz:

He's 3!!!!! He understands what he's doing!!! But advice, he's a boy take him outside and let him pee on "bugs" my lo was completely potty trained once we let him stand peeing.
MrsMoretz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Don't let him have underwear, if he pees on the floor he's old enough to clean it up and understand why.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried letting him stand and go, and nothing. The same thing happens, he pulls his underwear up and pees.

Quoting MrsMoretz:

christina0607
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Can you imagine how frustrating this is for him your pushing him to do something he isnt ready to do while shoving it his face that his sister is doing well.

Seriously, they are two different people. And making him upset will not help him.
liltampa71
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I found with my son, since it was one of the few things he could control, the more I pushed, the more he pushed back.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've heard, lol but I thought once he seen his sister doing it he would start. He's always followed her lead. I'm trying so hard not to get upset.

Quoting liltampa71:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Quoting christina0607:

Can you imagine how frustrating this is for him your pushing him to do something he isnt ready to do while shoving it his face that his sister is doing well.

Seriously, they are two different people. And making him upset will not help him.

Exactly. The more you push the longer it will take. 

OP: Take a step back and let him do it when he is ready and stop being a dick to him. Poor guy. 

ā€Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.ā€ - Dr. Seuss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)