Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your 22 year old son stole this much money from you for drugs..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
600$ went and used your debit card took money out and bought hard core drugs? My brother did this. He just got out of jail for not paying child support and my mom let him live with her! She's said oh well the bank gave me back my money. Smh I stayed the weekend with my son so she can see him I live about a hour away. I didn't know he was there the night I drove in so my purse was on the table downstairs. I put my son to bed had a snack and coffee went to bed. I didn't hear or see him all night I wake up and he's eating at the table with my mom laughing away like nothing happened. I go and check my purse and my money is missing. It was only maybe 13$ so I didn't mind but I told him why did he take and he just sat there and looked at me dumbfounded and my mom stood up and said how dare you accus thous things. Now that he's back she's treating him like he's king of the world. She pressed chargers on him but the cops didn't do anything and the bank gave her her money back. Would you let your son live with you and treat him this way if he did this?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this
No, he's be out especially at 22. If he were a minor then I'd have to consider options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I know he had no where to go but still

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

No, he's be out especially at 22. If he were a minor then I'd have to consider options.

RoseWildflower
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

nope. not even if it was a minor. you don't steal from people and especially not family. I would send my child to military boot camp. people like this never change and can't be trusted. best thing to do is to stay away from them, especially if drugs are involved. rehab could work but I would never be able to trust them... with anything.

I would tell my son to go to a shelter or something. I would feel bad for doing it but he made the choice to steal himself so he needs to suffer the consequences.I am the boss in my own home and nobody will disrespect me like that.

Twisties34
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM

atthe end ofthe day, hes still her baby boy, and at 22 he's still youn enough to need his mum. been there with my own son, its sad and heartbreaking. Hide your credit cards or leave them at home and use only pre-paid credit cards if necessary. Dont keep cash on you or in the house, keep your medications under lock and key, and keep the key with you. He may try stealing the medications and selling them for drug money. Good luck and get counselling for everyone concerned. 

My son has thakfully got all that out of his system, settled down out of town in his own place and is working full time, He's 23.

RaniNY
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Here's what bothers me. If he took her debit card and got cash, that means he had to have her PIN. No bank will return money if you say someone stole your money but they had your PIN. This is not stealing. If they return the money, it's usually contingent on you pressing charges. I think your mom is giving you a cock and bull story. I hope other posters will comment on this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I know he had her pin because before we found out about the drugs and what not he'd run to the store for her

Quoting RaniNY:

Here's what bothers me. If he took her debit card and got cash, that means he had to have her PIN. No bank will return money if you say someone stole your money but they had your PIN. This is not stealing. If they return the money, it's usually contingent on you pressing charges. I think your mom is giving you a cock and bull story. I hope other posters will comment on this.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
If he has nowhere to go at 22 that's his own fault. He would not be allowed in my home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
My reply where I said if he were a minor if have to consider options that's basically my options. Something other than with me

Quoting RoseWildflower:

nope. not even if it was a minor. you don't steal from people and especially not family. I would send my child to military boot camp. people like this never change and can't be trusted. best thing to do is to stay away from them, especially if drugs are involved. rehab could work but I would never be able to trust them... with anything.

I would tell my son to go to a shelter or something. I would feel bad for doing it but he made the choice to steal himself so he needs to suffer the consequences.I am the boss in my own home and nobody will disrespect me like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
He'd be in jail or juvie had he been younger. He'd never be in my house again.
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
At 22 that's his fault. He still wouldn't be with me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)