Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother forced to treat her child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/sierra-riddle_n_4065126.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=4031139b=facebook

A mother is forced to give her child chemo rather than treat him herself.  What are your thoughts?  I'm kind of on the fence here.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Good.
MamaPeanut
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I agree with it.

She has no right to deny her child medical treatment.
wixychixy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I will never have chemo myself because of what I saw happen to my dad and aunt when they were on chemo.  I don't know what I would do in this situation.

RazzleMySpazz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM
This is sad. From what I understand the boy was actually doing better without the chemo! I hope he lives long enough for this to be turned over!
Thewife06
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If he was doing great with her treatment... Why did they get involved? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

The standard treatment plan for ALL is 3.5 years of chemo for boys.  The marjuana was just letting him cope better with the side effects.  Which coming off the chemo would of helped with anyways. 

Quoting Thewife06:

If he was doing great with her treatment... Why did they get involved? 

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

The state should have never interfered.  The child was improving, what she was doing was working.  If this were my kid, I'd leave the state in the dark of night and move to another state with legal marijuana laws or go over the border to Canada.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

That's exactly my thoughts, I wouldn't do alternative treatments with my children. 

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I agree with it.

She has no right to deny her child medical treatment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM

All it was doing was helping with the side effects though.  Which after the first 8 or 9 months there's less chemo so he would of started feeling better.  I would understand maybe if she wanted to do it in addition but not strictly that.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

The state should have never interfered.  The child was improving, what she was doing was working.  If this were my kid, I'd leave the state in the dark of night and move to another state with legal marijuana laws or go over the border to Canada.

Canvas_says
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If marijuana could cure or fight cancer sure, but  it cannot. Using it as an aide I'm fine with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)