Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you react if you can home and your babysitter told you this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

No this is not a troll post.

That your child found a piece of chicken bone on the livingroom floor and almost chocked on it? Would you laugh about it? That happened to me today..I babysit 2 boys ages almost 1 and 2. The floors are a mess and I am always after the youngest for putting stuff in his mouth. Oh it is 99% food crumbs on all the floors. Today I was sitting on the floor playing with the 2 boys and the youngest turned around for a second and turns back toward me and it putting something in his mouth and by instinct I take it out and it is a inch long piece of wishbone from a chicken. I think to my self a damn bone WTH is that doing on the floor. I put it on a napkin to show the parents. It scared me a lot I was shaking. I go and find the vacuum and vacuum the rug and sweep the floors so there is no other chance of that happening again. The mom gets home and I tell her about it and her reaction she laughs about it. I am thinking are you serious your laughing when you youngest child almost choked on a damn chicken bone. It kinda pissed me of some with her reaction. How would you have reacted if you found out that your child almost chocked on a chicken bone? I told my husband about it and he was kinda like why would she laugh about that.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
nasty woman... not surprised she laughed. nothing you can do but keep an extra on the kids since her house is one big death trap.
michelles89
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
First my floors wouldn't be like that. Second I'd freak out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM

gross... ewww.... wonder how long it had been sitting there.  No, i would not laugh.  Did you tell her to pull her head out of her ass and clean her house up before her baby puts something in his mouth and does choke and die?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
3 moms liked this
But the child DIDN'T choke. Yes, it could've been bad, but you caught it & it wasn't. I'm not sure I would laughed, but I wouldn't freak out.
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Quoting michelles89:

exactly... my floors wouldn't be like that so my first reaction would be where the hell did my kid get a chicken bone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM
It was OP's house. She's the sitter.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

gross... ewww.... wonder how long it had been sitting there.  No, i would not laugh.  Did you tell her to pull her head out of her ass and clean her house up before her baby puts something in his mouth and does choke and die?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quoting michelles89:

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
It reads to me like OP watches the kids at their house, not her own.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was OP's house. She's the sitter.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I would be mortified! First, my house isn't clean, but secondly I put my child in danger. So embarrassed.
jamamama00
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My little ones can find small things to put in their mouth in the damndest places. I'm sure the mom laughed it off because she is used to it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)