Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Have you ever filed for child support and only collected it off and on because your childs father would quit or lose his job? Did you end up getting back child support as well? Were you still collecting after your child or children turned 18? How long did you receive child support?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My SIL get infrequent payments cause her ex will quit so he doesn't have to pay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My mom recieved cs til my youngest brother was 24 because of arrears.
kdjdod081013
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I never filed. So here's a bump.
plumbobtoggle
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I have collected on and off for my 14 yr old since she was born. He is currently over $11,000 in arrears. It keeps adding up, becuase he has only been paying about half of what is ordered. Every year, they take his income tax returns and give them to me for the arrears. He will keep paying until it is paid in full, even if she becomes an adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

my ex tried the whole not paying cs by quitting jobs or getting fired - but it didn't work out too well for him because now he owes a lot in back child support and the judge finally threatened that if he didn't make his monthly payments, he would face jail time and still owe the money. Currently he pays 1100 a month in cs for 2 kids plus he has to pay an extra 400 each month for his back child support and if he keeps the payments up on time, he will have all of his back child support paid up by the end of 2016

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Was she getting cs for both of you? Why did it stop at age 24? Were all of the arrears paid? I am trying to find out info if cs can go beyond age 24 if he owes for past arrears.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
She got it that long because of how far in arrears he was, otherwise it would've stopped at 18 or gone longer had the arrearage been greater. My divorce decree has cs going through college if my boys choose to go, whereas my dh's decree stops when sd turns 18/graduates hs whichever is later. It is whatever you agree upon, however, any arrearage must be paid, even if it takes til your kid is 50, it depends on your state and/or you if/how long it will be pursued for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Sorry, my phone is acting crazy, I tried to quote you, but it made it a separate response. The other anon paragraph is me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Was she getting cs for both of you? Why did it stop at age 24? Were all of the arrears paid? I am trying to find out info if cs can go beyond age 24 if he owes for past arrears.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
My son's father lives off welfare to get out of CS. He worked once and gave me $50 for a month out of his $2,000 a month pays. His bills were no more than $500 a month. I went to court, he quit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I work for a large company and see it all the time where men are thousands of dollars behind 20k-30k - pretty much as soon as I garnish their check - I see a termination report on them. So sad!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)