Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate confrontation, but..... (teacher related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
My son was absent due to waking up with strep-throat, and we had to go to Texas for a family emergency, and ended up having to stay longer than anticipated.

My son is 6 and in 1st grade. He had a reading log that was supposed to be turned in, but he was absent (excused absence) on the day it was due. Sooo because we were gone, even though he had it finished....more than the required amount in fact.....she's making him sit alone in the classroon with her while the rest of the class gets to go have a pizza party.

We are going to the principal in the morning to see what can be done because he's being punished for something he had no control over!.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I would be pissed too.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this

How come you didn't get it turned into the teacher the day prior? Or at least make some sort of contact with the teacher knowing something specific was due? I kind of feel it could have been prevented.

dlnimo
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM
He shouldn't be punished for circumstances beyond his control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh totally. My crystal ball told me he would wake up with strep and not be able to go to school to turn it in. He had a dr.'s note for those 2 days, and we had to leave suddenly on Sunday morning. He's in 1st grade fpr christ sake, and he did the required reading.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

How come you didn't get it turned into the teacher the day prior? Or at least make some sort of contact with the teacher knowing something specific was due? I kind of feel it could have been prevented.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I don't get it. The teacher is punishing him for late homework by making him sit in class alone? Can it be that she just wanted him to stay so that she could go over topics he missed while was away?
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Okay but you said you had it done by the time it was due, didn't you? I'm just saying could you not have turned it into the school the day it was due even though your son was still on  his absent day?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh totally. My crystal ball told me he would wake up with strep and not be able to go to school to turn it in. He had a dr.'s note for those 2 days, and we had to leave suddenly on Sunday morning. He's in 1st grade fpr christ sake, and he did the required reading.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
What? He was absent on the day it was due. He finished it the night before, and woke up with strep the next morning. And, no, I can't take my kid in the school with strep to turn in a damn reading log. As with all excused absences, he shoukd have been able to turn it in when he got back.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Okay but you said you had it done by the time it was due, didn't you? I'm just saying could you not have turned it into the school the day it was due even though your son was still on  his absent day?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol okay calm down...

ffs, I'd hate to have to be the teacher that deals with you. Holy sh*t balls.

Quoting Anonymous:

What? He was absent on the day it was due. He finished it the night before, and woke up with strep the next morning. And, no, I can't take my kid in the school with strep to turn in a damn reading log. As with all excused absences, he shoukd have been able to turn it in when he got back.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM

So he couldn't read while he was home sick?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
You don't know the half of it. This isn't the first issue with her, and I've had a gutfull.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Lol okay calm down...

ffs, I'd hate to have to be the teacher that deals with you. Holy sh*t balls.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)