Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go out to eat with NO money? **ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
Dh works at a restaurant, and he just called and told me about a family coming in that had no money to pay for their meals.

A family of 4, a husband and wife and two kids, came in to eat. The husband was military. He said the family ordered and then ate their meal. When the ticket came, the husband asked to speak to the manager.

When the manager got to the table, the husband explained how he was military and with the shutdown, they had no money to pay for their ticket. He asked if the restaurant would comp their ticket.

Okay, I respect military and it's really awesome what they do, but how in the hell do you go out to eat with no money, and you wait until your family is finished to ask management if they will give it to you for free? I think that was really fucked up of that husband and wife.

The restaurant agreed to comp their meals. Did they really have a choice though? What would they have done if the manager didn't agree to comp their ticket?

What do you think about this? I just can not believe it. I would never go out to eat with no money, eat, and then ask for my meal to be free.

**Sorry I haven't responded to anyone, this blew up really fast and I was in the shower. Anyway, I'm not sure if the manager asked for identification. Wow, I didn't know that about the military, and I doubt the manager did either. That makes it even more fucked up. I am still just shocked this happened. I agree military or not it's super trashy and messed up. The fact that he was using his title for stealing shocks me.

Military women/wives, if the manager got proof, and he remembers his information could he call his base? Wouldn't that be on his ID card?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I know I agree! They should of called up some churches and food banks!
nelliesmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
That is really tacky. Don't go out to eat if you have no money or don't want to eat. They are lucky the manager was nice.
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
That's really douchey.
kdjdod081013
1 mom liked this
Yeah that's BS. I would never do that, and DH is military, he still gets paid, there's no excuse.
PoisonEyeV

What a bunch of bullsh*t. If you want to go out to eat with no money, pull up a chair next to a dumpster. Who does that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not have comped the meals. If they had asked before they ordered I might have considered it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

wow no i would not. dh was military and would never do that...

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Military or not that's a fucking scumbag move. Talk about entitlement issues.
Foolynroo2
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

The military are still being paid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Bad idea no I wouldn't do that .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)