Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will i be arrested? *UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So ds2's grandfather goes bow hunting. I'm going with him. I won't have a bow. I won't have any weapons at all. It just to tag along so I no if its something I want to do next year. But I was told today that if the game wardens found out I was in even in the woods at all with him Id be arrested and get a nasty fine. How true is that?

UPDATE:
Thank u all. My bow is staying home. He just has the one bow (the only weapon) coming with us. My friend may have thought I was bringing mine, but I wouldn't b that dumb. Lol. So thank u, and if just makes me feel a whole lot better about going. ;D
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistressflora
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM

what? i never heard of that! I went out with an ex like 10 years ago, and it was fine then but in 10 years alot can change, this kinda sounds unbelieveable so idts

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Nope. Ad long as you don't have your own weapon or use his it's legal.
KristyB
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Not true at all... You are allowed to tag along, just don't touch the bow and you're totally legal.
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Simple, Check your state Game Laws

other_mother
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

It really depends on the game warden and whether they believe your story. My dad has been busted before because he took me with him. I wasn't hunting. I just wanted to spend time with my dad. The judge threw it out.

ETA: The game warden was an ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Yep they will storm the woods and surround you for just being there, you HAVE to have a hunting permit to even go in the woods.
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
This. I'm 100% certain.

Quoting KristyB:

Not true at all... You are allowed to tag along, just don't touch the bow and you're totally legal.
ramita
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
No as long as you have no weapons to hunt with you're good. Just make sure he has his.
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM

this

Quoting KristyB:

the_dude
by abides on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM

DO NOT pick up any weapons, while out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)