Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so scared I going to go to jail....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

Please dont bash me, I know I have messed up and I am sick about it.  I have several hot checks out,  my DH gets paid on friday and I can pay most of them then,  can I make arrangments with the  others to pay at the end of the month?  Will my bank file charges on me?  I am really scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Torihoney5njn
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Hot checks? Like checks that don't belong to you? Or just NSF that you don't have enough money to honor?

If its the latter, your bank is just going to charge you fees and you'll have to make the checks good to whoever you wrote them to, plus fees if applicable. Do it too many times and the fees go up, sometimes significantly.

I know this because my dad is a knucklehead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Did you intend on writing bad checks when you did it?

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
How does one get in trouble for writing a check? The bank will charge overdraft fees or return it. What is a "hot check" exactly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Torihoney5njn:

Hot checks? Like checks that don't belong to you? Or just NSF that you don't have enough money to honor?

If its the latter, your bank is just going to charge you fees and you'll have to make the checks good to whoever you wrote them to, plus fees if applicable. Do it too many times and the fees go up, sometimes significantly.

I know this because my dad is a knucklehead.

No it was NSF charges
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you intend on writing bad checks when you did it?

Some of them no I didnt do it intentionally, but a few of them, I had to get gas and some groceries, so I knew they were I was just praying they wouldnt go through before DH got paid.
MrsHMS
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
No, they will bounce and you'll get a fee. What's the dollar amount of the checks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I used to work for a company that dealt with NSF checks.

Which companies were the checks written out to? Most people just pay the bank and forget they have an NSF fee with the company. How many checks are there? How long has it been since you wrote the checks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

They range from 50- 115

Quoting MrsHMS:

No, they will bounce and you'll get a fee. What's the dollar amount of the checks.

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
If you don't have overdraft, the bank won't pay it. Do it too many times, whoever you wrote it to can press charges

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

How does one get in trouble for writing a check? The bank will charge overdraft fees or return it. What is a "hot check" exactly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Then the idiots are the people who continue to accept checks from her.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

If you don't have overdraft, the bank won't pay it. Do it too many times, whoever you wrote it to can press charges

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)