Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ER, at what point?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
My 4mo DD has been sick, she can't cry because she's so hoarse, has this horrible hacking cough, even when I suction her nose you can hear her battling mucous to breathe, barely eating, and constantly sleeping.

I have it as well, DH just told me she's had 10 ounces of formula since this morning and vomited most of that up.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

at 4 months old, i would wait about a day and then go in. they can lose too much of their little size quickly. mind you my DD is 17 yrs old, so I might be a little rusty.

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
If she's having trouble breathing she should be seen especially if between her ribs is being sucked in with each breath. If she's breathing ok I would probably try to hold off and get her to her primary tomorrow
Chan_Brawner88
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM
4 moms liked this
That young, now!! I am a pediatric nurse. Trust me. It's not something you wait on under 6 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I'm keeping a close eye for signs of dehydration... my older two were never really sick at this age.

Quoting squeekers:

at 4 months old, i would wait about a day and then go in. they can lose too much of their little size quickly. mind you my DD is 17 yrs old, so I might be a little rusty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I don't have a phone so its ER now or Urgent care. She's breathing, but acts like she's choking on mucous.

Quoting AustinsMommy007:

If she's having trouble breathing she should be seen especially if between her ribs is being sucked in with each breath. If she's breathing ok I would probably try to hold off and get her to her primary tomorrow
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I am totally against running to the er for silly things but she needs to be seen. Lung issues can quickly get bad in infants
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I hate to overuse the ER, but I really don't want to take chances either.

Quoting Chan_Brawner88:

That young, now!! I am a pediatric nurse. Trust me. It's not something you wait on under 6 months.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have already been to the ER

I hope she feels better soon

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I'd take her now just to be safe. If you really don't want to take her call your Pediatrician
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Take her, Now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)