Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They should really let me explain.........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So I have a friend who told me that her company is looking for a part time receptionist. The position is for the days that DH has off so its perfect and I have experience so I applied. On monday I went in for an interview, the hiring manager told me that I am a great candidate and we agreed on my pay, she told me to come in on Thursday to fill out paperwork, in the meantime they will run my background check and I needed to go to a doctors office for a drug and TB test. (its a medical facility)

Today she called me and told me they are no longer interested in me. I tried to ask why but she didn't say.

Well, my friend that works there just called, she is friends with the hiring manager and she told me that they did not hire me because I have had an arrest 3 years ago. The director of the building is the one that approves all new hires, and as soon as she saw that I had been arrested, she said no to me being hired.

I feel like they should let me explain why it was. I was pulled over for driving in the passing lane. The cop gave me a ticket and wrote the wrong date on my ticket. I showed up in court, apperantly a month after my actual court date and was arrested on the spot. I posted my bail and was scheduled to reapear in two weeks. I came to court, showed the judge my ticket and the incorrect date, all charges against me were dropped.

Should I try and contact them, explain and ask them to reconsider. Should I ask my friend to try and talk to them.

I would really like this job, its perfect.

Btw should I try to expunge my record. I don't even know how to go about doing that

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LisaRoyNKaden
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Thats a tough one.... Im not sure that they would even listen to it... 

And I believe you can go talk to someone in the court house about getting your record expunged... 

Punchyobuns
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I doubt they'd want an explanation. They probably already filled the position.

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
You can call and try, but I don't think they'll care. In the future you may want to mention it in the interview
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Yes, get it off your record! Call the courthouse asap! Then, I would tell the person in charge. You deserve at least an explanation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM
If they were interested in an explanation, they would have asked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)