Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VENT! Plus size models and costumes:

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you offer a costume in plus size, why not show a model who is, oh, I don't know, fucking PLUS SIZED? 

I'm in a weird in-between size that's not really plus sized, but 'normal' sizes don't always fit me the way I like to be fit. 12-14 and in some brands, a 16. I blame the ass and too many croissants. Whatever. Weird size. So, I'm having a DAMN hard time with costumes. My original plan was a unicorn, I have an awesome headpiece (hand made!) and I can't figure out what kind of costume. Nothing looks 'right' (or what I think is right for a unicorn..lol) so I've been scouring DIY pintrest posts and such, looking for the right thing. I really love the vaguely creepy harlequin dolls and I thought I'd get an idea from looking at premade ones.

ALL THE MODELS ARE TEENY! ARRRRRGGGHH. I just want a woman who's approximately my size in some of the costumes so I can be like 'Yeeesh... no... WAY too much hanging out!" or "DAAAYUM, hell yeah, that'll work!" 

Testify, sisters. Testify.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyranightshade
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Bump?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Bump lol
bowribbonmama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Same with lingere and clothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Sorry, no help, but here's a bump

emmypaige
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I am wearing an amped up funzee that I plan to attack with craft store goodies for my costume. I am petite, but those things come in all kinds of sizes. If you don't mind being more cute/silly than sexy they have all different ones on amazon cosplay style or PJ style.
lyranightshade
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be nice if they'd just give us the vageuest idea what it might look like on a girl bigger than a size 6. :/

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I agree. Same with lingere and clothing.

mistressflora
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

omg i totally agree that pisses me off! "heres a plus size model shes a size 12" 12 isnt thin but its like boarder line. Show us a size 18! thats what I want to see. maybe i wont feel so shitty about myself lol

BeautifulFey
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I didn't read all, but I get the gist and I feel your pain.

When I'm not pregnant I'm about a 12-14 australian size, but I'm also 6'2, so I'm 'big build'. They don't make decent costumes for giants :(

lyranightshade
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Quoting emmypaige:

I am wearing an amped up funzee that I plan to attack with craft store goodies for my costume. I am petite, but those things come in all kinds of sizes. If you don't mind being more cute/silly than sexy they have all different ones on amazon cosplay style or PJ style.

I know I won't be 'sexy', per se, but I'd like to look at least pretty and badass and mysterious. lol I'm the exact opposite of that. Not only am I chubby, I'm short and somewhat awkwardly shaped. I USED to be hourglass, but I'm more pear shaped lately. *glares at expanding ass*
imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Because society is lame like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)