Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Vaccine Post *Debate Topic* -Edited for clarity-

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Okay, anon because some of you are crazies.

The hardest part about getting your child immunised seems to be watching them go through the pain of a needle.

What if there was an alternative way for ALL vaccines, such as inhalation, or oral administration (a drink or food). How would you feel then?

This is not for people completely against immunisation.

If you are against immunisation, what would, no matter how unlikely to happen, change your mind?

For those that delay and select, for the ones you choose to not use, what would it take for you to allow it?

Enjoy ladies, not too much bashing!

The first question is for those that already vaccinate.

The second and third questions are not in relation to the needle itself. They are in relation to, if you do not vaccinate (or select and delay) for any reason, what it would take (ingredient changes, safety control etc) to convince you to begin.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It's the contents of the needle, not the needle itself that people have a problem with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
And that, Miss Obvious, is why there are 3 questions and not 1.
Quoting liss.n.chris:

It's the contents of the needle, not the needle itself that people have a problem with.

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I've yet to meet an antivaxxer who is choosing not to vax because of the pain. Most have a problem with what is in the vaccine...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Quoting Mom2RSD:

I've yet to meet an antivaxxer who is choosing not to vax because of the pain. Most have a problem with what is in the vaccine...

Does everyone here need a lesson in reading comprehension? The first question is NOT for those against vaccinations, the second two are.
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I agree with the other posters, it has nothing to do with the pain of the needle.

There is probably nothing that could change my mind about vaccinations. Once you've seen a perfectly healthy, normally developing child regress and then basically stop developing immediately after vaccines (not to mention seizures that night), it's hard to go back to buying the propoganda.

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Well you seemed confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

And that, Miss Obvious, is why there are 3 questions and not 1.

Quoting liss.n.chris:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I agree with the other posters, it has nothing to do with the pain of the needle.

There is probably nothing that could change my mind about vaccinations. Once you've seen a perfectly healthy, normally developing child regress and then basically stop developing immediately after vaccines (not to mention seizures that night), it's hard to go back to buying the propoganda.

If one more commenter doesn't learn how to comprehend the questions, I'm going to lose my shit lol. The first question is for vaxxers. The second and third are for those who do not vacc, it does not relate to the needle itself, it relates to the toxins etc. People need to learn how to read. Gah.
christina0607
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM
You clearly dont understand the immunization debate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

And some people clearly did not go to school and learn reading comprehension.

Quoting christina0607:

You clearly dont understand the immunization debate.

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
If the first question is for vaccinators, why would it be worded the way it is? If you vaccinate, obviously the needle part is a non issue. You're already ok with how it's done, so there doesn't need to be another method.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

If one more commenter doesn't learn how to comprehend the questions, I'm going to lose my shit lol.

The first question is for vaxxers. The second and third are for those who do not vacc, it does not relate to the needle itself, it relates to the toxins etc.

People need to learn how to read. Gah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)