Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Am Taking My Man Back... **edit and update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 191 Replies
My df and I got into a huge fight that got very violent. He had a mental break hit me in the ear, pushed me and hit me in the forehead. He was so fucked up, not on drugs or alcohol but, a bipolar break i think. He has been in jail since, and will hopefully be coming home soon before 4 months. First time offense, all misdemeanors. Yet he has changed. before he even knew I wanted him home, he asked for mental health help. I am very happy and proud of him. NOT all men who hit women are gonna continue. I am taking him back because he found God while in there, and he has been clear headed actually listening to me. We have had several heart to heart talks and he knows he can not keep it all inside. The reason for this post is not all so called abusers continue. I know for a fact I am not a victim. I fought back and got him to. This was a first time thing. He needs help and knows. it. NOT all men who hit keep it up. They can change and get woke up. *EDIT/UPDATE* Ok, so for you "ladies" who are trying to tell me this is just jail talk, you so called ladies have no idea who you are talking about. How do I know he has changed? Because he is willing to get help he needed for a long time and had to want it for it to work. He spends his days writing to me and getting help while in there, and he is willing to go to counseling outside of jail. Even has me looking up mental health places. I didnt ask for your advice. I simply made this post to inform you that not all men who hit keep doing it. Just because your life didnt turn out like this dont mean all men are the same. Sorry, I dont care what you spout if your ex hit you, went to jail and did it again thats on you. Mine wont, he knows the rules and he knows what he has to do to fix it. I am not one of those wimpy little bitches who hides in a corner or runs because shes too scared of a man. those are victims. I am not. I have my head held high, no bruises and not afraid to voice what has to be done. Victims are nothing but pussy bitches.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
10 moms liked this

Keep telling yourself that abusers change.  They may hide it for awhile but it always shows back up unless he is truly mentally ill and goes on medication for it.  If that is the case, he needs to stay on the medication.  Yes, you are a victim.  Even if you fought back, you were still hit by your so called man.  Any man that hits a man because he is angry really isn't any type of man that a respectful woman would want to be with.  I truly hope that your children break the cycle.

EAzizM
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I beleive that men can change but you need to keep your guard up...it is likely to happen again.

flywifey86
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Keep telling yourself that.
usmchoney
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
My bff kept telling herself that, even after she lost her child.
britmichele
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I too took back a broken man. I hope yours works out as well as mine :) good luck, you're going to get eaten alive
DamianaFire
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I agree. Not every man that hits a woman one time will keep doing it. I wish you and your DH the best. I hope he gets help and it never happens again. However, that being said, if it does happen or he won't get help, do not stay. If you ever need to talk, I've been there. Hugs, it can be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm hoping that he's not just getting advice from the other guys as to what to say to get you back.  I think lots of people "find God" while incarcerated and many also jump on the "I'm mentally ill" wagon to try to discredit the fact that they have become a criminal.  Was he actually diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder BEFORE being arrested?

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Jail won't change shit.
My neighbors husband was jailed for armed robbery, he came out all Jesus and spiritual. Not even two weeks later he was arrested for armed robbery again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a lot of experience with how men in jail act. They will say anything they can to keep a woman or many women taking to them. Jail is lonely and they need a place to go when they get out. Be very, very careful.
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this
You are fooling yourself and I just hope it doesn't have serious consequences for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)