Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
But sometimes I question if I shouldve been a mom. I had dd10 when I was 17.. I'm 27 now and I feel lately that I maybe shouldve listened and gave her up for adoption. I love her but im so over doing this all alone. Since she was born I've been a single mom and I just look at the next 9 years and have no idea how to get through them bc I've totally failed at disciplining. . she thinks entitled. . she's rude and mean. I try to stick to my guns but sometimes when shes still crying at 11pm begging to sleep in my bed I let her bc I can't take listening to her crying and screaming. Tonight im over it. .is not even about that anymore. . it's about letting Her know I'm in charge.. but I don't know how to get myself in the mind set. I don't know how to handle get crying. .bc it gives me a headache raisers my bp through the roof and I start throwing up. .. what do I do? I'm so lost! :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Well it's never too late to give her up for adoption.
matheson7
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Sorry you are going through this.

RazzleMySpazz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Look into family counseling.

There's no shame in it, the two of you just need to reassess the family roles.

She needs to learn better coping mechanisms then throwing fits and crying to get her way

And you need to learn to take a position of authority
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Even though no one is gonna tell you this in this group. We all feel like failures at one point or another. It's hard being a mom & I can't imagine doing this job alone. Reach out to someone to offer good advice on disiplining her, mabey talk to your pedi & ask for help. These kids of ours didn't come with an instructional manual. It's ok to ask for help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it's never too late to give her up for adoption.

That wouldnt be the best now... Itd have been when she was born, but now would damge her more than it would do good.. I love her. Shes not terrible. She gets awesome grades. Shes sweet (when she does listen!) Shes polite and everyone always compliments me on how well Ive raised her alone.. but when she acts like this its hard for me to see.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Even though no one is gonna tell you this in this group. We all feel like failures at one point or another. It's hard being a mom & I can't imagine doing this job alone. Reach out to someone to offer good advice on disiplining her, mabey talk to your pedi & ask for help. These kids of ours didn't come with an instructional manual. It's ok to ask for help.

Thanks. Im more calm now... but you're right. Like I said in a previous reply, she is a good kid.. she just has this issue in thinking whatever I say I Dont mean.. Itll be okay.. its just been crazy. Im in nursing school.. 2 kids to raise and do what I need to to get bills to paid and I have no one except my friends from school.. but theyre all 18 and 19 so they arent much help in that department in any way what so ever..*le sigh* thanks again.. you really did make me feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Try reading KEEP YOUR SANITY: TEACH THEM TO CLEAN. The techniques can also be used on behavior.

I know it can be hard, but every time you GIVE IN you are GIVING her permision to act the way she does. She doesn't take you serious anytime you tell her no because she knows eventually it will turn into yes.

As far as her crying to get her way, at ten yrs old, it needs to stop now. Crying to get her way should be a punishable offence b/c it is manipulative and she is not respecting you when you say no. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. Im more calm now... but you're right. Like I said in a previous reply, she is a good kid.. she just has this issue in thinking whatever I say I Dont mean.. Itll be okay.. its just been crazy. Im in nursing school.. 2 kids to raise and do what I need to to get bills to paid and I have no one except my friends from school.. but theyre all 18 and 19 so they arent much help in that department in any way what so ever..*le sigh* thanks again.. you really did make me feel better.

Your also dealing with a really tough age (your dd's age). I'm a first time mom of a one yr old. I don't look forward to the pre-teen & teen years. Your probly doing a better job then you give yourself credit for.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I am so sorry you are having a tough time parenting. You definitely are not alone. A lot of moms feel like failures from time to time. I would suggest family counseling. You just need to learn how to show your daughter authority. It is something you can learn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)