Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH won't stop giving our stuff away!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I am livid! We live in a three bedroom house. My dad lives with us, b/c he is getting old and what not. Ds has a full size bed in his room. Our master bedroom is huge, so ds also has a toddler bed in our room. He usually sleeps in our king size anyways. My dad also has our king size bed in his room. My dad was sleeping on an air mattress before we pulled it out of storage and let him use it. The full size in ds' s room, I bought before we moved in with each other. I was very proud of myself for saving up all my money and buying it. I slept in the floor for years...
Some friends of ours need a new bed. I guess they broke their twin size bed some how, I don't really know. Yes, I like them. They are very young and a family just starting out. Dh told them they could have the full size in ds' s room. I am pissed. First off, we are broke. We live pay check to pay check. We budget and do what we can. Dh just got a raise, but we are still catching up with bills. Dh wants to give it to them, and says we can buy ds a new car bed when we pay off our king bed. How do I know at that time we will be able to do that? What if we are not able to pay off our bed? The LAST thing we need is another monthly payment! Dh sold his truck two weeks ago and I KNOW we will be getting another vehicle soon! On top of that.... dh gave our extra refrigerator away! It was in the garage. I used it for meat and ice, since the one in the house is small. Im fed up! Then he goes out and finances a brand new laptop he doesn't use! Now I have no car..... he keeps letting all his friends use our house as a hotel. ....uggg
Dh's dd sleeps in that full size bed when she visits. My family does too. I wouldn't care if we had money, but we dont! Dh just told me to tell my dad that he has to switch beds with ds so that he can give the king size bed my dad is using to his friends. Wtf
What would you say?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
B
Anonymous
U
Anonymous
M
Anonymous
P
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
3 moms liked this

i would tell him that while its nice he wants to help his friends, his family comes first. putting yourself into a bind to help someone else out of one isnt smart.

usmchoney
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I would tell him no, that he needs to explain that to the young family, If not I will.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I did. I remained calm until he said he was taking my dads bed.
I understand he is just trying to help, but we are always always struggling. We can't just keep spending.

Quoting dmarie2101:

i would tell him that while its nice he wants to help his friends, his family comes first. putting yourself into a bind to help someone else out of one isnt smart.

2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Make sure your hubby know that those kind of decisions need to be discussed before offering anything. And, keep reminding him that you do need to discuss everything!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes! I do. Thank you!

Quoting 2kids19yrsapart:

Make sure your hubby know that those kind of decisions need to be discussed before offering anything. And, keep reminding him that you do need to discuss everything!

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I understand that you're frustrated, but I don't understand why you have to make payments on a bed for your son if you get him a new one. He doesn't need a car bed, he just needs a bed. They sell new mattresses at the goodwill for $99. I'm not saying go ahead and give the bed away even if you don't want to, I'm just saying I don't get why you need to go into debt for a child's bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)