Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can't pierce your ears!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

If you have a son, or even a daughter, and are against piercing their ears until they are 18 or even just when they are a teen like I saw some say in the boy ear piercing post, did you have your son circumcised?  Why is is acceptable to cut off a part of their penis when they are an infant without their permission yet you won't let them have a tiny hole in their ear when they are 6 or 8 or an age where they know they want it done and they can take it out later if they want?  I find that really screwed up.  

EDIT wow I find it really sad that most of you think an intact penis is unhealthy and unhygienic. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

If I ever had a boy, which won't happen because I'm done having children, I'd get him circumsized. My boyfriend and I both agree. I also would probably not let him get his ears pierced until he was well into Highschool. I think boys look silly with earrings at a young age. That's just my opinion.

bellawomen
by Summer on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't circumcise and I wouldn't allow my son to have any piercings until he is able to pay for them himself and can take care of them on his own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
You know what? Bite me. Both my boys are circumsized. It was done for health reasons. That's totally different from poking holes for cosmetic reasons. Oh, and um, I'd appreciate it if you didn't concern yourself with my kids' penises. K?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Why do you care? Not your kid!
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

If I ever had a boy, which won't happen because I'm done having children, I'd get him circumsized. My boyfriend and I both agree. I also would probably not let him get his ears pierced until he was well into Highschool. I think boys look silly with earrings at a young age. That's just my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

If you don't put that tiny hole in your child's earlier, it doesn't cause hygiene issues.

stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh my son is circ'd and has his ear pierced, he's 7...and for the record I had my DD ears done at 3months old GASP
olivia_benson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

that's a good point. My son did get circumcised and I could care less about what he does. As long as he doesn't fork his tounge. That just freaks me out!

kris0921
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
You can't compare them its like comparing apples and bananas 2 completely different things. I won't let my ds get his ears pierced till he is old enough to give me a good reason, and yes I cir for reasons that are none of your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My DS was circumcised for religious reasons . Oh and ear piercing are ONLY for GIRLS
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)