Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure who to be more mad at, DH or my 15 year old *updated*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies

*UPDATE* Last night I wasn't really mad I was more shocked. I've never seen my son act that way. My brother is  4 years older than me and I can remember when he was a teen him and my dad would get in some knock down, drag out fights. I don't want to be one of those families that fight like that.

DS15 woke up this morning and acted lke he was going to get an attitude again. DH took him for a ride and had a chat. I don't know what was said but I figure they talked about guy stuff. When they came back DS was in a better mood. Hopefully they had a good talk and got things figured out. I want my sweet little boy back.

My 15 year old son has really been acting like a teenager lately. Getting attitudes with everyone. Well tonight he really flipped out on his 6 year old brother. The 6 year old is extremely annoying but he is just a little boy. Well tonight the 15 year old grabbed his brother's arm hard enough to leave a bruise and was screaming in his face so DH went in there and put the 15 year old up against the wall and told him to calm his ass down. DH didn't hurt him but he damn sure scared the shit out of him. Now I'm kinda pissed at both but I don't know if my DH did the right thing. WWYD if you were in this situation?

And before anyone asks DH is the father of the 6 year old but not the 15 year old. DH has been in the 15 year old's life since he was 3.

EDIT when I say 6yo is annoying it is more because he is really hyper and can't sit still for more than 5 seconds. He has to be up and moving all the time. He is a good kid but his hyperness drives everyone crazy.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think DH did the right thing. I'm not really mad at him, I'm just more shocked. I think the situation was handled the best way it could have been.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olivia_benson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

If you didn't intervene, doesn't sound like there was much of a choice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I was actually in the shower when this happened. I found out after it was all over with.

Quoting olivia_benson:

britmichele
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd say they both acted in too much anger. Not much you can do now....
kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
9 moms liked this
I would be more pissed at your son for putting his hands on his little brother. He is not the parent and had no right to do that
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
22 moms liked this
The 15 year old needed checked. Your Dh did that. Hopefully your ds learned something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I would never let anyone out their hands on my child period! I would have stop my dh and after I stop him, I would tell him to leave. As far as my 15 year old, I would take his phone, computer, and tv away.
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
8 moms liked this
I'd be pissed at my son and grateful to my husband for (hopefully) scaring the punk enough to rethink his attitude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Yeah I know. I'm just kinda in shock. That is so out of character for my son. He used to be so sweet but ever since he turned 15 he has been going downhill.

Quoting britmichele:

I'd say they both acted in too much anger. Not much you can do now....

LAHnTAH0812
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quoting Sbellemommy:

The 15 year old needed checked. Your Dh did that. Hopefully your ds learned something.

olivia_benson
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

What would you have done differently?

Not bashing, serious question.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was actually in the shower when this happened. I found out after it was all over with.

Quoting olivia_benson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)