Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ds will not go to sleep and I need to study!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

hes screaming bloody murder. and will not sleep. SO suggests I keep him up until he passes out... but SO is sleeping and I need to study for a job I applied for! I cant just keep ds up until 10(its nine... been trying to put him to bed for an hr)... he already no matter what time he goes to bed gets up at 6am.... and I cant have him up while I study. because I need to considerate 100% on this. 

on top of everything my neighbours already think I hurt him because he screams bloody murder when going to bed or nap everyday. even with a routine.... 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bekki
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

How old? We went through this with our son until he was about 3 1/2. Kid fought sleep like a stormtrooper. I did my Masters thesis with him on my lap almost constantly!

My Dr. prescribed melatonin in a tiny dose to "reset" his sleep cycle. Used it for 2 weeks and it really made a difference. Maybe ask the pediatrician?

In the meantime, wake up SO and put him in charge!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM

hes 21 months old

Quoting Bekki:

How old? We went through this with our son until he was about 3 1/2. Kid fought sleep like a stormtrooper. I did my Masters thesis with him on my lap almost constantly!

My Dr. prescribed melatonin in a tiny dose to "reset" his sleep cycle. Used it for 2 weeks and it really made a difference. Maybe ask the pediatrician?

In the meantime, wake up SO and put him in charge!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)