Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other momma's here who's kids only see one side of their family?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am curious if there are any other momma's on here who's kids are only involved with one side of their family (mom or dads)? My kids have nothing to do with their dads side of the family, (yes thier dad and I are together) it is because his family are drama dwelling POS and he realizes that so he doesn't want our kids around them (5 and 6 years old). They have never seen them and they don't seem to care either. They really are horrible people, I mean the lowest of the low (thieves, welfare fraud, child molesters..etc it is horrible! so there is a very good reason why we keep them away from them.)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Well, yes, but unintentionally. When things change, we won't be dealing with dh's side anymore, just my dads side since I don't know my mom.
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
My kids don't see their dad's side. Not even their dad much any more. Kicked him out & they are so much happier now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I was that kid

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Mine don't see my husbands side often. Some of them live several hours away, his sister lives a couple of states away, his parents live about 15 minutes away but still rarely see them. Not really sure why they don't make more of an effort to be involved.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM

My daughter has nothing to do with my husbands side of the family. They're either losers and unfit to be around my daughter, or they just don't give a crap enough to be around.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Mine only associate with MY side of the family. 

kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
We do not talk to my daugher's father's side at all. she see's her dad but never his family and she only has my parents, my brother, and my aunt(moms sister). We do not talk to my dad's family.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

well yes but not by choice to keep them away from them, we live overseas from my husbands side, so they dont get to see her but they are in her life but phone, skype etc, actually one of our nephews is blowing up my phone as I type lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
The only people from DH's side that our daughters see are his grandma, aunt, and her children. And we rarely see them because they live a few hours away. DH's dad died when DH was 17 and he doesn't talk to the rest of his family anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
My ex husband does not even see the kids and when we divorced I think I was more happy getting rid of his family then the ex. I will insist on meeting everyone down to 4th cousins before marriage again. That way I can see how far the crazy really goes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)