Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He swallowed cocaine? SERIOUSLY?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

So I am scrolling through Facebook yesterday and all these posts start appearing about a guy who was several years older than me passing away. After doing a little research an asking people closer to the situation than I was...in fact he did die. But here is the reason:

Two nights before his death, him and a girl who's name was never revealed were pulled over for a traffic violation. This guys SWALLOWS an entire 8-ball of cocaine so they don't get caught. After being released from the traffic stop, the girl drives him home & just dumps him out. Failure to recieve immediate and neccesary medical treatment after swallowing the cocaine resulted in his death. And while stupidity runs rampid in this small town, it is still a sad situation.

But today as I am checking Facebook today, there are fundraising pages for this guy. Apparently he is an ex-military (no branch specified) and the VA was only going to pay $600 toward his burial costs. 

Is it me and the way I think or does that sound absolutely absurd? He swallowed coacaine trying not to get caught & the second decision he made with the cocaine which inevitably turned out to be the worst is what caused his death.....and now people are begging for money to help bury him? I am obviously choosing not to donate my hard earned dollar toward that cause......the high school cheerleaders crusade against breast cancer was a lot better place to put my money.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Oh man. That's crazy!

zeenah
by Zarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM

When I read your title I flash backed to my barely one year old nephew swallowing it. That's horrible that anyone is doing anything for the POS.

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I just keep wondering if the cocaine was really worth his life and the guilt she will have to live with over a little jail time for being caught with it. First time drug offenders in this town, even with something as potent as cocaine get a slap on the wrist and probation......guess he got a permanent probation.

It's sad that someone would go to those lengths of stupidity and end up losing their life......but WHY in the HELL would anyone want to donate to his burial?

Quoting zeenah:

When I read your title I flash backed to my barely one year old nephew swallowing it. That's horrible that anyone is doing anything for the POS.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I wouldn't pay a cent for that!
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate when people beg for money to cover funeral costs
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I have seen fundraisers for a woman who was killed while she was drunk driving. Unreal.

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM

(psst.. it's "runs rampant".. not rampid)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha! Thanks....I'm tired. And my computer doesn't correct my every mistake like my phone does :)

Quoting laineysmum:

(psst.. it's "runs rampant".. not rampid)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe because his family shouldn't have to suffer for his poor choice? Don't forget, military families serve too, in their own way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too. That's why I have a life insurance policy.

Quoting sandra_t00:

I hate when people beg for money to cover funeral costs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)