Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is my mil the only one who..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
I posted my DDs kindergarten pic on Facebook today. My ex mil (who I am very close with) commented how dd looks so much like her dad. The problem is she doesn't. She looks identical to me as a child. My dd sees pics of me when I was younger and she thinks they are her! My family kept commenting how she looks just like me and ex mil kept "arguing" she looks just like her dad. So I uploaded my kindergarten pic next to hers and ex mil got a little "pissy" about it. I don't understand why she's so insistent that each of her grand kids has to look like her child and cannot possibly take after the other parent. She does this with all her grand kids. Is my ex mil the only one that cannot accept the child doesn't look like her family?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
9 moms liked this
I think she probably sees her son in his daughter. She's entitled :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it's natural to think your grandchild looks like your child. I mean hell my girls are adopted and my mom and mil are always saying how they resemble Me and DH as children. Just because *you* can't see how she resembles your ex doesn't mean MIL can't think she does.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
My ex mil is the exact same lol I just smile and nod
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM

My mil says ds looks like me... he looks exactly like his dad lol (my xh and not her son)

instant
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
My son looks just like me and everyone knows that including my mil.
Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
She probably sees what your family and you don't see....
katzmeow726
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

it's pretty common...keep in mind, she is his mom, she knew his face growing up, so it's no surprise she sees features that you may not. 

stargaze281
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
wow okay I think that can be common behavior with some mil's! Don't let it get to you because honestly that's such immature behavior on her part. Everyone who sees your dd will be able to tell who she resembles and no need to debate it with her. Let her believe what she likes, so e people are just petty or annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
7 moms liked this
I think your family and you were a bit ridiculous. If she sees her son in his daughter so what?
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I would honestly erase the photo and all comments and repost it again.

I hate when my family argues on my fb.

btw, it's weird she is insisting on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)