Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was it planned???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this
DH and I have a 6 yr old and specifically wanted to wait to have another child. We wanted make sure we were more than stable. Well this summer we decided it was time to try again and I got pregnant right away. We decided to wait to announce it to or family until I was 12 weeks along which was this past weekend. When I told my mom(over the phone) she sound shocked and asked "was it planned". I kinda brushed it off and was like of course it was.

Well now thinking it over I don't know if I'm being hormonal or I'm justified in being upset. Should I say something I her?? Or should I just let it go??

Edit***
I'm upset because of the way she said it. I was there when my sisters announce they were pregnant and she was super excited. I didn't get that at all from her.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Why? She was just curious, and its not like you told her you were planning for a baby, otherwise she wouldn't have asked
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really see the big deal. You are overreacting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quoting sandra_t00:

Why? She was just curious, and its not like you told her you were planning for a baby, otherwise she wouldn't have asked

Just the way she said it. I was there when my sisters announce they were pregnant and she was super excited. I didn't get that at all from her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I don't really see the big deal. You are overreacting

Just the way she said it. I was there when my sisters announce they were pregnant and she was super excited. I didn't get that at all from her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
What about her comment is upsetting you? Personally I got irritated when people would ask because frankly it's none of their business, and I would never think of asking someone if their baby was planned. But there are alot of things that people do to pregnant women (ask about dialation and touching the belly) that I would never do in a million years
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Was it your sisters first? Maybe she was just shocked

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sandra_t00:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Not a big deal. You're overreacting. You didn't tell her that you were trying to get pregnant so it sounds like a normal question to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

What about her comment is upsetting you? Personally I got irritated when people would ask because frankly it's none of their business, and I would never think of asking someone if their baby was planned. But there are alot of things that people do to pregnant women (ask about dialation and touching the belly) that I would never do in a million years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)