Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Travel

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

Would you travel 20 miles to a cheaper grocery store??  Y or y not?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:25 AM

No because the money wasted on gas would more than likely be the amount I'd end up saving by traveling to the 'cheaper grocery store'. So I'd come out even just to travel a longer distance. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM

NO....that would cost more money in the long run

KTU
by Kim on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Yes, and we do it once a week. The cost difference is substantial enough to justify the drive. We live in a rural area.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:29 AM

It depends.  If just going for a few things, then no I wouldn't.  But if I'm planning a big stock up trip and know I'll already be spending a lot on the food, then yes I will drive further to get more for my money.

-Kit-
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Haha no way.

snowpeasmom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Lol I live in a major city. I dont travel more than a mile and I will hit every type of store. Most of the stores twice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM
No. Not a chance. 20 miles is way too far to save a few dollars. Besides, with the price of gas, the time spent going to and from- not worth it, IMO.
PinkOwlStuffy
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:44 AM

It would depend on how much I was planning to buy. If I were just going to pick up..say, bread and milk, then no. If I were planning to stock up, then yes, I might drive the extra distance for better deals.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:44 AM
No not worth my time or the gas price.

Now if I was already in the area sure why not
emmypaige
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I travel 20 minutes to whole foods sometimes because I don't like our market here. It's overpriced for what it carries, and the employees need better training. It's cheaper to go to whole foods as far as price is concerned, but almost evens out since I take the ferry when I go. I'm going to try another grocery store about 20 minutes away this weekend, but it's on the island. I will travel if the store is better I don't mind paying more even as long as the quality of what I get for that price is worth the extra effort.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN