Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WOULD YOU HELP HER OUT??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Ok so there is this girl, she is a single mother to a baby boy, she has no job, no car, and lives a few hundred miles away. I know her from my sister, she is a good friend to me too.......so she ran into some problems, and is asking me to help her out, she wants 100 dollars. Now my issue is she just got some piercings a few days ago, they weren't cheap......and she is making plans to go to a pumpkin patch tomorrow for a haunted house, that will also cost some money, this girl is having some issues in her personal life as well as with her baby daddy, I wouldn't mind helping her if I felt she was being completely honest with me about what she needs the money for, she told me she needed it today, now she says she needs tomorrow........and I have a feeling this money I won't see again, and it won't be used for what she says it will be for.....but would YOU help her out? Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lvonlucky
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Hell no. You make your own decisions. She needs to grow up
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I never loan money and expect it to be paid back. IF you can't afford to just give her the money then don't give it to her.

KelticLady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:28 AM
No. I would not help her.
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
No. She obviously has budgeting issues. You'd only be throwing your money down a black hole.
4x4x16mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I would pay bills for her directly. Not give her money to spend on things her, and her dont need. If she needed a bus pass, I'd buy it. Water bill, some groceries. I'm a firm believer if you don't sign a contract about money no matter the amount, you won't see it again. It's your call tho, do what you think is right
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

It's not that I expect the money back, she offered to pay it back by next Friday, I didn't answer her because I needed to talk to my dh about it, he said the choice is mine to make, I want to help her out but I also expect her to be honest about what the money is for..........it's a lot to loan just for it to be wasted.

Quoting Sassy762:

I never loan money and expect it to be paid back. IF you can't afford to just give her the money then don't give it to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

You are not her momma, I'd say no. 

PinkOwlStuffy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

No. If she needs the money so bad she shouldn't be spending it on piercings and outings. If I felt that she really needed something for her child (like diapers, food, etc.) I might think about going and buying the things she said she needed myself and giving them to her, but no way would I hand her cash.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

No.  If she is spending on piercings and pumpkin patches and haunted houses, she has money.  She just isn't being responsible with it.  So if she runs into problems, it's on her.  It wouldn't be appropriate for someone else to bail her out in that situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)