Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It is 50 degrees outside, people!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

It's pretty cold here, cold for a North Georgia October day. The tempertaure was barely 50 degrees this morning and it was windy as hell making it more cold. It will be getting up to 78 degrees by about 3pm, MAYBE, but it'll probably be about 74 at most. I put my kids in jeans and a long sleeve shirt and took them to school. I couldn't believe the amount of kids in the drop off line that were in shorts and tshirts. Those poor babies are going to get colds :(

I don't bundle mine head to toe, but I feel the way I dressed them was appropriate. They may get a little warm later as the temperature rises but they won't over heat. Come on people, dress your kids approrpriately. If you are too lazy to get out fall clothes yet then just put a sweatshirt on them at least. I saw one girl in a spaghetti strap tank, you know she had to be freezing.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't get a cold from being cold. You get a cold from someone spreading germs.
Anonymous

They won't get colds unless other children have colds and pass it to them. 

Anonymous

I still wear shorts in 50 degree weather not ever one is the same.  We would be sweating our asses off in long sleeved shorts if it was still that warm.  Why not mind your own business and take care of your own kids instead of judge everyone else.

sunrisekn
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I know! It is 59 degrees in Myrtle Beach. I love this weather.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Its fifty degrees here but will be high eighties by noon. The whole neighborhood is in shorts. Kids are tough. Gotta love TX weather!
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM
A person can't get a cold from being cold.

But, I think it's pretty irresponsible not to dress children in weather appropriate clothing, too. =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I don't see the issue. But I'm a northerner. Kids are so finicky. My daughter would wear a tank top, shorts & flip flops all year long if we'd allow it. When it's 50° I won't fight her on it, especially if it's supposed to warm up during the day. Now once it's down to the teens, then I fight.
Liz132
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Please, 50's not cold they'll be sweating when it's 78 this afternoon and you have them dressed for winter.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM
It's about the same here. You get a cold from a virus, not the cold.

Also, I personally like 50 degree weather and so does my child. 65+ and it's too hot to be outside for us.

Just because you think it's cold doesn't mean others do.
maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It is 20 here, if it was 50 I would be in shorts and a tee too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)