Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have a little boy pre k- 2nd grade ish

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 91 Replies

Do you put product in his hair?

My son just started preK and many of the other boys were wearing product in their hair. I hadn't even thought of it. We're trying it out today, but he says he doesn't like it so I don't know if he'll let me do it again tomorrow. lol Does your son wear it? When did you start? Did they like it at first? I would like to raise a metrosexual.

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

i started since his hair grew out long enough to style. he likes it but i dont do it becaude nothing is strong enough to keep the hold during theday. 

i just wanted my son to have a cute hairstyle since i have no dds

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope. Ds has really thick coarse hair, we keep it as short as possible
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I used my husband's stuff on him and his hair has already fallen. I figured it was just because it wasn't really cut for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

i started since his hair grew out long enough to style. he likes it but i dont do it becaude nothing is strong enough to keep the hold during theday. 

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Nope, and he's in 1st. Even with his little "mohawk" at the end of kinder last year, I didn't put anything in his hair. 

To be honest, I loathe it when my niece comes back home on Sunday with stuff in her hair. 

chicklopez
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

No. the most I tried to do with his hair is keep it long. But I had half the world tell me he looked like a girl, along with SO, so I cut it. Sigh. SO thought for sure his curls would come back but nope. DD has very curly hair, but his was apparently just baby curl. /cry oh well. YDS' hair is curling so yay. And I havent cut ODS' hair since that one time.

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I keep it mositurized with coconut oil. That's it. 

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM

My son doesn't wear any hair products to school, but he does think they are cool from time to time. He has worn hair gel twice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I have a DS 3rd grade and one in pre-k, 3rd grade son uses product sometimes. My son in pre-k would need to be pinned down and wrestled to get product in his hair.
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

It's different with my daughter because I can do things with her hair. She doesn't need product to look put together.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Nope, and he's in 1st. Even with his little "mohawk" at the end of kinder last year, I didn't put anything in his hair. 

To be honest, I loathe it when my niece comes back home on Sunday with stuff in her hair. 

lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

No but I did put some in my 2nd graders hair for picture day. You couldn't tell though, just enough so that it wouldn't get messed until picture time.  He doesn't give a crap about his hair.  Just this morning I put a little water in his hair to get his calic to lie down and when I turned around he messed it all up on purpose and laughed at me. Lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN