Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have a little boy pre k- 2nd grade ish

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 91 Replies

Do you put product in his hair?

My son just started preK and many of the other boys were wearing product in their hair. I hadn't even thought of it. We're trying it out today, but he says he doesn't like it so I don't know if he'll let me do it again tomorrow. lol Does your son wear it? When did you start? Did they like it at first? I would like to raise a metrosexual.

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

i started since his hair grew out long enough to style. he likes it but i dont do it becaude nothing is strong enough to keep the hold during theday. 

i just wanted my son to have a cute hairstyle since i have no dds

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope. Ds has really thick coarse hair, we keep it as short as possible
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I used my husband's stuff on him and his hair has already fallen. I figured it was just because it wasn't really cut for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

i started since his hair grew out long enough to style. he likes it but i dont do it becaude nothing is strong enough to keep the hold during theday. 

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Nope, and he's in 1st. Even with his little "mohawk" at the end of kinder last year, I didn't put anything in his hair. 

To be honest, I loathe it when my niece comes back home on Sunday with stuff in her hair. 

chicklopez
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

No. the most I tried to do with his hair is keep it long. But I had half the world tell me he looked like a girl, along with SO, so I cut it. Sigh. SO thought for sure his curls would come back but nope. DD has very curly hair, but his was apparently just baby curl. /cry oh well. YDS' hair is curling so yay. And I havent cut ODS' hair since that one time.

SiriSilasMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I keep it mositurized with coconut oil. That's it. 

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM

My son doesn't wear any hair products to school, but he does think they are cool from time to time. He has worn hair gel twice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I have a DS 3rd grade and one in pre-k, 3rd grade son uses product sometimes. My son in pre-k would need to be pinned down and wrestled to get product in his hair.
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

It's different with my daughter because I can do things with her hair. She doesn't need product to look put together.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Nope, and he's in 1st. Even with his little "mohawk" at the end of kinder last year, I didn't put anything in his hair. 

To be honest, I loathe it when my niece comes back home on Sunday with stuff in her hair. 

lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

No but I did put some in my 2nd graders hair for picture day. You couldn't tell though, just enough so that it wouldn't get messed until picture time.  He doesn't give a crap about his hair.  Just this morning I put a little water in his hair to get his calic to lie down and when I turned around he messed it all up on purpose and laughed at me. Lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)