Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most fascinating feud in the grocery store!

Posted by   + Show Post
I'll keep this basic . Lady with food stamps is buying her groceries and gets very upset as something went wrong and her money didn't recycle today like it was supposed to.. She was upset but appropriate with the cashier as they were trying to figure out who to call etc.. She had a lot of groceries. Any way the women behind her happened to be a federal employee that works at a local scientific lab (WHOI) She completely loses it! Screaming at the women for not being grateful for the help as she isn't getting paid and she has a job etc.

They both had great points and really in the end both will feel bad as they weren't bad people. It ended with the police hauling off the federal employee because she started it and she was pretty vocal.

It was really sad to see but an interesting commentary on the way things are right now. We have many federal employees out if work in my immediate area from WHOI

Edit: the federal employee did not get arrested. It was a precautionary measure. When my husband returned home from work I told him what happened and who the parties were. He ended up calling the brother of the federal women, as he is friendly enough through work with him, to check on her. Apparently many things all happened at the same time and something just triggered her outburst. Her husband made contact with the food stank women to make amends. The federal lady apologized and explained the circumstances etc.. It apparently went well enough that the so ladies are going to go to lunch as they actually have common issues.

That's all I know but it sounds like something good came out of it.
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Remy11
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Wow! So not what this post was about! The women who has 4 children, the last having CP making it hard for her to work out of the home right now has a husband who was in a serious car wreck 3 months ago and is still in rehab.. That is why she is in PA.. How dare you!

And before you ask how I know this.. We live in a small community and it was all over the papers when it happened so when she said her name I recalled the issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I can't stand those welfare losers either.  They obviously hauled off the wrong person.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I feel for the woman losing pay due to the shutdown, but she had no right to start an arguement because a stranger received FS. She was wrong, and if things are BSD for her she can apply for FS also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM
She should have called her card first to see if it was their. The employee had no right to make ant comment about it Shit happens..
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol and you said mine was a typical CM response. Haha

Quoting Anonymous:

No need for name calling.  (Typical CafeMom response, lol) 

I'm allowed to state my opinion just like everyone else. 

Have a great day!

Quoting mommy_me:

Well aren't you just a lost little troll who has wondered off from your bridge

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I can't stand those welfare losers either.  They obviously hauled off the wrong person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Your welfare loser reply was definitely a typical Cafemom response, so you have no room to talk.

You're allowed to state it. We're allowed to acknowledge it's stupid and wrong. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Have a great day!

Quoting mommy_me:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
The federal employee should have kept her feelings to herself. Its not the other ladies fault our government sucks
Jaded2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont understand why the person behind her felt the need to say anything at all..who the hell does she think she is? 

I must live in one boring ass town..I NEVER see stuff like that.lol

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
The fed was so wrong. I understand being frustrated, but its nobody's fault but the government. This could have been easily been another issue. Someone's debit card wouldn't scan, check issues, not having enough cash, ect.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM

That isn't an opinion that is pure ignorance at best.  So every person who is on food stamps should be hauled off?  For what exactly since you know many many many families on food stamps actually have jobs and work just as hard as you do. They are far from losers and you started the name calling by calling people on PA losers. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Have a great day!

Quoting mommy_me:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

why the hell do ppl still go grocery shopping and not check thebalance on their card. ffs.     

that other shouldnt have said shit. she still has a job waiting for her.
I'm guessing it's one of those things most people don't worry about until something actually happens, you know?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured