Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A bulldog mix killed my cat in front of

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 36 Replies

My kids last night. My oldest is taking it pretty hard. Wish I knew how to make her feel better. She is really shook up about it. The ONLY good thing that may come from this is she will understand now why I didn't let her go around the dog in the first place.

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzy_ellie
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Aw so sorry :( it's hard to see any animals die and when you're younger is a totally different experience.

blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Oh no! That is awful! I am sorry mama. Wish I had some advice for you.
anon85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

She is only 6, and she thought it was a nice dog so she is just confused as to why it attacked our cat.

Quoting lizzy_ellie:

Aw so sorry :( it's hard to see any animals die and when you're younger is a totally different experience.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

That is terrible this is why cats don't belong outside.  I hope they  recover and aren't to traumatized.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Awe. I'm sorry
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Whose dog is it? I would demand a rabies quarantine on any animal that dated to kill one of my animals. Those are my mini babies. I don't love them as much as my kids, but close enough.
anon85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM

She was not outside. We were just coming home and I opened our front door and the cat come out. She always greets us. I seen the dog coming out of the corner of my eye so I picked my vat up and the dog jumep and took her right out of my hands.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

That is terrible this is why cats don't belong outside.  I hope they  recover and aren't to traumatized.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so sad :( Maybe you could wait awhile, then take her to the humane society & let her pick a cat out? Tell her that she's saving a life?

This is hard for me to believe, looking at my dog. He's a bulldog mix & he is the calmest, mopiest, most lovey dovey dog I've ever seen. I just can't picture him flipping out & killing a cat. He ran from ours when she was a tiny kitten & she hissed at him. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Why was the dog running loose?

anon85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM

She is up to date on shots. It was my neighbors dog. She normally has a shock collar on but didn't yesterday.

Quoting firespurity:

Whose dog is it? I would demand a rabies quarantine on any animal that dated to kill one of my animals. Those are my mini babies. I don't love them as much as my kids, but close enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN