Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you stocking up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Are you stocking up?

Options:

No, and I think it's crazy too

No, not crazy, I just haven't done it myself

No, but I should

Yes, I have months worth of stuff or more

Yes, I have a few weeks worth

Yes, I have some extra stuff.

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 122

View Results

I mean our country is in serious trouble (if you live in the US, I realize we have moms from other countries in this group). If there aren't drastic changes, and soon, we WILL have another great depression. it may actually be too late for any changes anyway. Actually, our great depression would be worse because of how many people already rely on the government.

My great grandmother tells stories of not only no one having money for decent food but even the stores didn't have much, if anything to sell even if there was money. I have hopefully prepared enough to prevent my family from going without. I hope I am not alone in this. I think that with what I have already, we would be ok for at least 6 months (hopefully we could add some meat and fresh food to it too but if not and we had to live only on the non perishables, about 3 months probably).

And before people call me crazy for buying all this stuff, it's not like we can't use it, we do and since everything has at least a year shelf life, we have plently of time to use it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

BUMP!

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have room to stock up like that.
jes_eli_0710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM
3 moms liked this

This post just made me nervous. No I havent been stocking up. I usually dont stock up on anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Our freezers are full. I also want to start canning but haven't as of yet. We'd be good for quite some time on what's in our freezers, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I didn't think I did either. I live in a smallish 3 bedroom place with 2 kids and one more coming (we will be moving soon though). I use my lien closet. The extra sheets and blankets go in the bedrooms and the towels go in the bathroom (works out better anyway, no one can every forget lol)

Quoting KelliansMom:

I don't have room to stock up like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
No. It's hard enough to afford the food we need now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM

No, but we should be. We just don't have the room. Or we would if we wanted to step over canned foods and water.
My husband wants to stock up on ammo.

jatctt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I have a little bit because I like to have a full pantry. I plan on starting to stock up on dry and canned goods, soap, bleach and toiletries.
We also have been going back and forth on getting chickens the last couple of years. This might just be the time to actually do it...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Don't let it make you nervous, just start. You don't have to spend a lot either. When peanut butter goes on sale, buy a couple extra, that's how I started.

Quoting jes_eli_0710:

This post just made me nervous. No I havent been stocking up. I usually dont stock up on anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I have thought about that but canned foods at the store are so cheap, I can't bring myself to do it myself (lazy bum lol)

Quoting Anonymous:

Our freezers are full. I also want to start canning but haven't as of yet. We'd be good for quite some time on what's in our freezers, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN