Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got a plate, a mug, and toilet paper with food stamps!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Sort of. I bought a replacement plate for my set for one that broke $1.49, a coffee mug $1.19, and toilet paper $1.29. I also bought about $60 worth of food. Because I had a bunch of ecoupons loaded to my account, it took off about  $10 off. I paid the FS balance and then the cash balance was only 30 cents! So basically I paid for the other stuff with food stamps. I did put the money I would have spent towards my electric, so it still was spent on basic needs.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

BUMP!

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM

LOL..That happened to me while shopping for my grandma. I had a few coupons about to expire and those things were on her list. Along with toilet paper and her poise pads. I ended up paying $7 in cash.....but for $8 toilet paper and $13 pads, it was pretty good. (Yes, she's on food stamps, and can't leave the house. She's 85 years old with blood clotting problems, and heart problems, diabetes, and just had surgery)

I do wish food coupons actually came off the food purchase though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I also got free tickets to the fair with everything I bought.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

LOL..That happened to me while shopping for my grandma. I had a few coupons about to expire and those things were on her list. Along with toilet paper and her poise pads. I ended up paying $7 in cash.....but for $8 toilet paper and $13 pads, it was pretty good. (Yes, she's on food stamps, and can't leave the house. She's 85 years old with blood clotting problems, and heart problems, diabetes, and just had surgery)

I do wish food coupons actually came off the food purchase though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)