Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe the b•••• called animal control! Stupidity is rampant today!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 226 Replies

I went to the park today with my sister-in-law, my cousin, and our kids. My daughter is one, my cousin's child is almost 3, and my nephew is 2 months. We also brought the dogs with us. My cousin had her standard poodle, Garcia, my SIL had her Chihuahua, Pokey, and I had two out of six of my dogs, my Australian shepherd, Lucy, and my husky Noel. Our dogs are all very friendly with children.

We were sitting by the toddler playground watching the girls play. ALL OF OUR DOGS WERE ON LEASHES. I need to stress that. There was this blue pit bull that was running loose. Now, I don't have a problem with pit bulls in general. I am not a fan of the breed but I petted him and told the owner he was a sweet boy and I let my child pet him. This dog apparently love kids and decided that he liked my daughter. I have no problem with friendly dogs. I have six of them. What I had the problem with was this dog's refusal to leave my child alone. He kept licking her face and pouncing on her. His owner said he was only a puppy but he was huge and being a puppy is no excuse. I tried to shoo him away from her several times but he wouldn't leave and I asked his owner several times to keep her dog off of my child and she just said "You must have a problem with friendly dogs (while I'm sitting there with two very friendly dogs). He isn't going to hurt her (he has several times but he was being friendly so that must not count)." I argued with her several times. We decided to walk the track to get away from them and the dog followed us. She called him back a few times but he didn't listen so she let him go.

Now, my dogs are very protective of my child and they are getting very agitated. They have growled at him several times. This dog keeps knocking her over and licking her in the face and I have shooed him away multiple times and I even threatened to call animal control. My child has been crying and saying "Bad Woof. Bad woof!" No, I could not leave. We were still waiting for my mother to join us and she doesn't have a cellphone so I couldn't call her and we weren't going to make the kids, the dogs, and ourselves sit in the hot car and tell them they couldn't play. My poor child couldn't even play because she was too afraid to leave my side. This was going on for about half an hour before the dog knocked my child over and my dogs had had enough. Noel only snapped but Lucy bit his nose. She didn't leave break the skin or draw blood. It's not like it was a vicious attack. The dog yelped and ran off across the street behind us and the owner got up to chase him, calling me a bitch as she did (leaving her toddler unsupervised, I might add).

I repeat. My dogs were on a leash. Her's was not.

She came back, the dog on a leash now, and bitched me out and told me that my dogs shouldn't be in the park because they were aggressive. Her dog only wanted to play with my child. He was being friendly. I told her that he was hurting my child. He was a lot bigger than she was. I don't let my own dogs pounce on my child so why would I let hers? She bitched me out and said that her dog could have been hit by a car because of my effing dogs. Not that him being off a leash might have contributed to it or anything. She demanded an apology and I refused. I wouldn't apologize for my dogs protecting my child from an obnoxious dog. She finally got pissed off and snatched her child up and left.

About half an hour later, animal control showed up at the park. This is what the report said. A woman (three guesses who) called and reported four aggressive dogs at the park (because she had to drag Garcia and Pokey into this too). She said that, though the dogs were leashed, the owner allowed them to attack her dog multiple times and refused to control them or apologize (complete bullshit. They growled at her dog multiple times as a warning but they didn't attack). She was worried that they would be a danger to a child because, when her child approached and asked to pet the dog, the owner told her to go ahead and pet them but if she got bit it was her fault (completely untrue. Her child did not ask to pet my dogs. I allowed her to but I did tell her that she should always ask before she petted a strange dog because not all dogs were friendly and she might get hurt). They were bringing her dog to the vet because of the injuries he received from my dog (He wasn't injured at all. More bullshit).

We told the animal control officer what happened and a few other people in the park said that the pit bull was off a leash and wouldn't leave my child alone. He told me that a report was made and he had to give me a ticket but, when I went to court, I could plead my case and bring out my witnesses then. I am furious about this bullshit. My dogs are not aggressive but they are protective of my child. They didn't even hurt them. My SIL and my cousin both agreed to be my witnesses and a few other moms at the park, who were over there and saw the whole thing, gave me their numbers. This is ridiculous. My dogs were not the problem. She over exaggerated and outright lied and I am the one that has to prove my case?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

BUMP!

Cowgirl_Coyote

BUMP!

Cowgirl_Coyote

BUMP!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
31 moms liked this

All of you should not have your dogs at a children play area. There are plenty of open spaces or dog parks to bring them to. Not everyone wants to deal with strange dogs hanging around kids as they play.

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Totally not the issue. My dogs weren't causing a problem. My dogs are friendly with children and if someone doesn't want to be around my dogs, they are free to go elsewhere. I have as much right to be there with my dogs as anyone else does.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

All of you should not have your dogs at a children play area. There are plenty of open spaces or dog parks to bring them to. Not everyone wants to deal with strange dogs hanging around kids as they play.

CafeMom Tickers
EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldve kicked it in the head. Then the owner. I hate stupid dog and pit owners.
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Wow. Thats a special kind of stupid.

My dog is obnoxious and too hyper around kids sometimes. So he goes on a leash. Problem solved.
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

He had to give you a ticket? That's so messed up. I would fight that tooth and nail.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Well the have animal control called on you then for bringing them there. I don't know what to tell you other then you can avoid the issue by not bringing your dog to a kids park.

Quoting Cowgirl_Coyote:

Totally not the issue. My dogs weren't causing a problem. My dogs are friendly with children and if someone doesn't want to be around my dogs, they are free to go elsewhere. I have as much right to be there with my dogs as anyone else does.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I plan to.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

He had to give you a ticket? That's so messed up. I would fight that tooth and nail.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)