Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My brother and his gf is homeless and having baby next month...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My brother just got kicked out of his friends house he was crashing at...they have no job..no money..no food..no home...I dont know what to do. As family, can I do something since the baby has no place to live? can I take the baby untl they find a place to live?

update with responses to your comments:

Let me just start off but giving a little history and reasons for you.

1. I have talked to him about jobs that are hiring already. He never can seem to keep a steady job.

2. I can't let them move in for the same reasons their friend is making them leave. They are not on the lease.

3. I would only take the baby because children are not required to be/sign a lease.

Let me also give a little history on my brother and his gf. He is unstable and can't even see or provide for his first child (late on child support). and she had he previous 3 children taken away and are in custody of her mother because of drugs and alcohol.

He has no home because he was living with friends (with lease) and they got evicted because of not paying rent. No job because he quit his 1st job he had..and the 2nd job he had laid him off cause their contract ended..so they laid a lot of people off.

In reply to why they are homeless because of being bad house guest..the previous people they were living with (my friends as well) told my they were filthy and never cleaned after themselves and left their room trashed..She cleaned their side of the kitchen and found moldy bread. (eww)

Several years ago, I let him stay with me and it was horrible. He didnt put in any money towards food or bills. instead he spent it on fast food, concerts, and piercings. I vowed I would NEVER let him live with me again. Now there is a child involved..Im lost and unsure what to do for the baby.

**UPDATE 2**

As of right now, they are staying in a hotel until thursday..after that..well.. i dont know. I mentioned more places that are hiring and he seemed kinda..idk like he didnt really seem interested..idk..my husband said to tell him that he should go apply for emergency cash assistance and housing and job assistance..I mentioned that to him as well..and he was just like..ya..and didnt say anything about it..idk..they have been fighting back and forth on facebook (which in my opinion..fights and personal stuff shouldnt be on facebook..but oh well) i really hope they find a place to live soon..should i offer to take the baby after she is here? like offer untl they can find a stable home? im pretty upset that i dont get to see his other child who is now 7 i think..so i really want to be apart of this childs life and now that im her aunt. what do i do??

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I'm not sure how it works, but you'd best get started asking around if it's due next month. Contact child services and see if you can take classes for foster care or somehow get temporary custody perhaps?

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you help them find a shelter instead of trying to take their baby? Suggest jobs to him?

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Let them move in. Good luck. 

myreaffetto
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Why would you only take the baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Homelessness is not a reason to lose a child. Why don't you offer to take them all in?
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were me, I'd let my brother and his family stay with me. But then again we're pretty close and I would be happy to help him out.

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Homelessness is a perfect reason to lose children. If you can not provide even the most basic needs of a child someone else should.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homelessness is not a reason to lose a child. Why don't you offer to take them all in?

anitarichman
by Anita on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Why can't they all move in with you until they find a place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Are homeless* *twitch* lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Why does he have no home or job. Usually people who end up like that are drug users or have mental illnes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured