Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 8 too old to use the womens restroom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 479 Replies
Is 8 too old to go into the womens restroom? When did you start letting your ds's use the men's room alone? What about in very crowded public places such as county fairs, movie theaters, ect?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchardmoma
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM
16 moms liked this

In my opinion 8 is too old. I used to stand at the door and crack it open and yell in and ask if everything is ok. 

christina0607
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM

My youngest is 8 and it has been a very long time since he has come into the womens room with me.

So yes I think it is too old. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
5 moms liked this

I was lucky I have 2 boys 13months apart. So I never had the letting them go in alone. If I did have a single he would be with me until 10. Even then I would stand right outside the door.

anonymouss
by Aquamarine Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My ds was 6 when he started using the men's, he was told to use the stalls ONLY. The other places you mentioned, he is with his dad.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Imo, yes. That's getting near puberty and he should be more than capable of going to the men's bathroom on his own.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is too old. He will be fine going in the mens room for 2 minutes to pee. I started letting my boys go in themselves around 5.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
18 moms liked this

My 7 yr old still comes into the women's restroom when we are out in public. I do not see this stopping any time soon so probably when he is 8 he will still be coming into the women's bathroom.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

And my 8 year old sons would have never went into the womens room at that age. They would have been mortified if I made them.

CGM2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM

DS is 6 and I will let him use the mens room in some places. I do think 8 is to old.

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, its too old. If I walk into a restroom and there is a boy that looks anywhere near 7 or so, I walk right back out and wait. My boys were already checking out girls at that age, I'm incredibly uncomfortable with boys that old in the room where I'm trying to pee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN