Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am firing single mom

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My work has a strict call off/late policy. If you are late or leave early (even 1 minute) unless you find your own replacement you get 1/2 point. If you call off you get 1 point. If you call off several days in a row for the same reason you still only get one point but if you call off one day, work a day or two between and call off again it is 2 points. You get 8 points a year. If you have a letter from drs, courts, etc you still get a point (only exception is jury duty).

Well I had a employee that called off because her kids had chicken pox. That gave her point number 8. She came back to work, about a week has passedand I had to send her home because she now has chicken pox. Corporate told me I HAVE to fire her. I feel so bad because she is a hard worker and is a single mom. I begged and pleaded with corporate and they told me there was no exception and about 6 months ago they fired a man after getting squaded out of one of their facilities because he had a stroke. He already had 8 points too. I just feel so bad. I have not told her yet. I just feel like crying. I have argued with everyone I could in corporate.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Yeah I'd have to quite a job like that I couldn't be so damn heartless. Sorry you have to do that.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Do you mean employers?

Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome to the career world - hence why I left my career to become a SAHM. Employees these days are discuting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 of her points drop off this month :( she does call off more than I do considering I have perfect attendance this year and the last time I called off was when my son was 1 and in the hospital but, I know I am lucky to have my husband home while I work and only work part time. She works full time and a single mom

Quoting liss.n.chris:

I've had to fire a single dad before. I hated doing it, but he was unreliable.

KatLee42513
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Yup!

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Do you mean employers?

Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome to the career world - hence why I left my career to become a SAHM. Employees these days are discuting.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Umm what a shady company!
garnet83
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM
That's a crappy system. Not efficient at all and good workers will not want to work there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Sounds like Wal Mart. I was rob at my register and I got fired for talking to the cops while on the clock. Ummm I was robbed and I was to keep on ringing people up???

Quoting Anonymous:

My work has a strict call off/late policy. If you are late or leave early (even 1 minute) unless you find your own replacement you get 1/2 point. If you call off you get 1 point. If you call off several days in a row for the same reason you still only get one point but if you call off one day, work a day or two between and call off again it is 2 points. You get 8 points a year. If you have a letter from drs, courts, etc you still get a point (only exception is jury duty).

Well I had a employee that called off because her kids had chicken pox. That gave her point number 8. She came back to work, about a week has passedand I had to send her home because she now has chicken pox. Corporate told me I HAVE to fire her. I feel so bad because she is a hard worker and is a single mom. I begged and pleaded with corporate and they told me there was no exception and about 6 months ago they fired a man after getting squaded out of one of their facilities because he had a stroke. He already had 8 points too. I just feel so bad. I have not told her yet. I just feel like crying. I have argued with everyone I could in corporate.

mommyfesha
by monster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I really hate this point system so many companies have now! Life happens and you can't always plan ahead for everything!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM

so glad I live in Texas

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I wouldn't want to work for a company like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)