Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old were you when you started drinking coffee?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 107 Replies

And what age will you let your kids start drinking it if they want?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM

20. I didn't start drinking coffee until after i had ds. as for the kids, idk...like 16 or 17?! I really have no idea. I have awhile to figure that out though lol

Jadesmommy13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I was a jr. in high school. I will let my dd drink it if she wants around the same time/age.
caito
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hmmm probably a teenager I think. I didn't start drinking it every day until I was about 20. I drank a lot of energy drinks before that though.

I'll let my daughter start when she's a teen if she wants. It's not a big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am 34 years old and I still don't drink coffee. I have tried it several times. but I just don't like it. our son is 10 years old and still doesn't drink it. but since me and my husband don't drink it, he is not around it so he has had no interest in it.

CelestialSong
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM

23... not until hubby and I moved in together. Before that I hated coffee. In our early coffee days I had to use tons of flavored creamer.

Oh, I'm not sure when I'll let the kids drink it. I don't see why it's any worse than letting them drink soda.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I don't drink that god awful stuff, lol

When my kids are grown/adults they can drink it if they choose

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
10 probably lol but regularly at 14. My sons been able to get a decaf since age 4 but it's not a regular thing (and yes, I do know decaf still does have some caffeine)
strontium
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I started early... I would drink "coffee milk" (milk with a splash of coffee in it) with my dad and grandparents every morning...I was probably 4ish. SO and I drink about half a pot each every day. I will probably be a little more strict with my little guy...If its something he really wants I would probably give him decaf.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM

16. I just never had an interest in drinking it until then. 

Our girls have drank coffee before, they love it, but we don't give it all the time. I would say teens is a decent age to allow them to drink it on a regular basis (every morning).

CrimsonEleven
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM
5. My 8yo drinks it occasionally, but not my 3yo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)