Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going to apply for obamacare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
I'm thinking about it for my husband and I as he can't afford insurance for us through his company and is probably about to get laid off from lack of work anyway. I've been on my parents but won't be for much longer. I don't get sick or need to go to the dr at all besides for my depo shot. Does anyone know what that costs without insurance? Hopefully my Ob will keep giving me the shot when my insurance drops, we definitely don't need more than one child now that everything's so up in the air.

Etu: Ok ok I obviously need to do more research about it. We need insurance but cannot afford it through dh's company. I guess the ACA website directs you to your states healthcare options, whereas I thought it was kinda like Medicaid you could purchase. Like I said, more research
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
4 moms liked this

uh Obamacare isn't a real thing. It's what some people call the Affordable Care Act. 

Ray-of-Beezy
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
ACA hasn't even been on my radar so I wasn't aware that you could purchase "Obamacare", I thought it was just a subsidy at tax time.
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
No, we have private insurance through my husband's job.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM

No, my husband's company supplies amazing health coverage and since we're under contract for another three years, we don't have to worry about it now and hopefully never. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
No we get medicaid
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Fuck no I wouldn't sign up for that.

Thankfully I have insurance through my job, but even if I couldn't afford it, the Obama administration can kiss my ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I keep getting the impression you can get insured through it, I really need to do more research

Quoting Ray-of-Beezy:

ACA hasn't even been on my radar so I wasn't aware that you could purchase "Obamacare", I thought it was just a subsidy at tax time.
Arwyn724
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I have employer-provided insurance. BC/BS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
No we have great insurance through my husband's company. Unfortunately our monthly premiums went up thanks to Obamacare.
The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I can't online so screw it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN