Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all the ladies who get annoyed by the Christian posts.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The reason why you get annoyed is because you lack self-control. When you grow and mature you will be less annoyed by what other people do or say.

Self-improvement is a good goal to have.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I don't get annoyed...

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

OOOORRRRRRR.. The religious zealots lack self control and can't stop themself from "sharing" their beliefs at every turn.  

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM

But they are 'sharing' it on the internet...no one is forcing you to read it.  Just move on past it.  Why are all the 'non-Christian zealots' so compelled to open the posts to begin with?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

OOOORRRRRRR.. The religious zealots lack self control and can't stop themself from "sharing" their beliefs at every turn.  

Arwyn 724 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm nt a Christian but I enjoy reading the posts to see what the crazies have to say about it.

Sometimes it's funny to me. There's a lot of uneducated zealots out there and they say some dumb things that are hilarious.

But the people who bitch about it seem really bitter, so nobody wins that one.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I just click the next button at the bottom of the page. What pops up is almost completely random lol. 

And not all the religious posts bother me. Just the ones by that annoying spammer lady. But that's mostly because SHE is annoying. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

But they are 'sharing' it on the internet...no one is forcing you to read it.  Just move on past it.  Why are all the 'non-Christians zealots' so compelled to open the posts to begin with?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I get annoyed by repetition whether its my kid singing the same damn thing for hrs on end, driving the same way to work everyday, to do the same fucking job all day, or the same posts here. I usually am mature enough to change things up by wearing headphones, driving a different route, work can't really be changed but I try lol, and I certainly don't click the posts I know I am tired of.

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I read them because I enjoy a good debate.  I am a Christian, but I truly hope not an overly-zealous one.  I just like to explain what I believe and why.  I couldn't care less about converting anyone else.

That being said, I do get annoyed when posters get nasty, call names, or insult each other.  It goes for both sides.  That ruins the integrity of the whole post.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I just click the next button at the bottom of the page. What pops up is almost completely random lol. 

And not all the religious posts bother me. Just the ones by that annoying spammer lady. But that's mostly because SHE is annoying. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

But they are 'sharing' it on the internet...no one is forcing you to read it.  Just move on past it.  Why are all the 'non-Christians zealots' so compelled to open the posts to begin with?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Arwyn 724 

PEEPkiller
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Nah I practice plenty of self control around the believers in my life that I care about and have relationships with. I don't concern myself so much with what some beater on cafemom is going to think of my opinion in an open forum. That and I do what I want :)

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I don't debate. I typically don't state my views on religion. If there is something I disagree with "for instance BeautifulMom's (I think that's her SN) "What a good wife does" post then I will post an alternative view and move along.  

I didn't agree with that post because I don't believe I shouldn't be a good wife because God told me to(obviously, I don't really believe in God anymore). I believe I should be a Good wife because it will make me, my husband, and ultimately my kids, happy.

No debate necessary. I don't care what people believe in (unless I'm curious about it and want to learn about it  ie: Satanism) as long as they don't try to push it on others. 

I think there should be a common root of respect. I don't post daily about how "God isn't real and Jesus was not the son of a deity" Those are my beliefs but I like to keep them to myself unless asked. Why do people like Glorytojehovah (which by her SN told me she was just going to be a religious troll) get to do it daily. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

I read them because I enjoy a good debate.  I am a Christian, but I truly hope not an overly-zealous one.  I just like to explain what I believe and why.  I couldn't care less about converting anyone else.

That being said, I do get annoyed when posters get nasty, call names, or insult each other.  It goes for both sides.  That ruins the integrity of the whole post.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Arwyn724:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Arwyn724
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM

When I said debate I didn't mena it in a right/wrong aspect.  I like to hear about other people's beliefs and what draws them to that particular thing.  I don't ever tell anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing based on what I believe, though.  No one should use that approach.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I don't debate. I typically don't state my views on religion. If there is something I disagree with "for instance BeautifulMom's (I think that's her SN) "What a good wife does" post then I will post an alternative view and move along.  

I didn't agree with that post because I don't believe I shouldn't be a good wife because God told me to(obviously, I don't really believe in God anymore). I believe I should be a Good wife because it will make me, my husband, and ultimately my kids, happy.

No debate necessary. I don't care what people believe in (unless I'm curious about it and want to learn about it  ie: Satanism) as long as they don't try to push it on others. 

I think there should be a common root of respect. I don't post daily about how "God isn't real and Jesus was not the son of a deity" Those are my beliefs but I like to keep them to myself unless asked. Why do people like Glorytojehovah (which by her SN told me she was just going to be a religious troll) get to do it daily. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting Arwyn724:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Arwyn 724 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)